Daily Anarchist Forum
November 27, 2021, 01:19:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The most important strategy  (Read 36600 times)
Freya
Tranarchist

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2012, 01:38:49 PM »

The best reason to vote for people like Ron Paul is that it is kind of like a "price signal" in the "market of ideas". It shows to other people that you value his ideas. If those ideas are valued by a lot of people then they have more chance of being adopted by yet more people.

When people see RP get 21% in Iowa they will be all like: "Wow gotta check that out". If he actually gets elected and helps us get more freedom and a better economy thats just bonus.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2012, 01:52:57 PM »

The best reason to vote for people like Ron Paul is that it is kind of like a "price signal" in the "market of ideas". It shows to other people that you value his ideas. If those ideas are valued by a lot of people then they have more chance of being adopted by yet more people.

When people see RP get 21% in Iowa they will be all like: "Wow gotta check that out". If he actually gets elected and helps us get more freedom and a better economy thats just bonus.

On the flip side, when 100 million people vote, they are essentially giving their legitimacy to the system. If only 5 million out of 300 million people voted, it would be a telling statement how few people buy into it.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 02:03:04 PM »

On the flip side, when 100 million people vote, they are essentially giving their legitimacy to the system. If only 5 million out of 300 million people voted, it would be a telling statement how few people buy into it.

I don't think that will happen, as so many people do have so much to gain by using the force of government against other people.  Until the ideas of freedom spread, people will vote.  I would bet the 2/3 of the population that don't vote primarily don't vote because they simply don't care who gets elected, rather than them finding the system illegitimate.

derick

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2012, 07:46:26 PM »

My strategy is working for cash or trading my labor for something I can sell. I no longer have bank accounts and I do not save currency. I believe that using FRN's in my transactions leaves a minimal paper trail, so the state has less opportunity to plunder my property. By eliminating(avoiding) contracts that obligate us to have our property stolen from us, the FRN becomes just a medium of exchange. The people that think operating in the black market has very little effect on the state do not understand the theory of "what is seen and what is not seen"

As for voting, I choose not to participate based on the fact that we have a de facto government. I believe by voting we consent to the actions of this de facto government, making us an accomplice to their crimes.

Do I fit in as an anarcho-capitalist?
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »

Yes, you do! Welcome to the forum Derick!

Care to give us any pointers how to make a living under the table? Also, have you considered moving to New Hampshire?

derick

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »

Thanks seth!

Care to give us any pointers how to make a living under the table? Also, have you considered moving to New Hampshire?

I am a skilled craftsman that can do many things, so I trade my labor where I can. If we move it will be to Montana.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2012, 07:59:17 PM »

Fair enough. Obviously I think New Hampshire is the better choice for anarchists, but I'm happy any time a person leaves one of the lost cause states and moves to one of the hopefuls, i.e. New Hampshire, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Alaska.

Rothbardian
Radical Libertarian

Abolish the State!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2012, 08:24:20 PM »

On the flip side, when 100 million people vote, they are essentially giving their legitimacy to the system.

On the flip side, when 100 million people use the roads, they are essentially giving their legitimacy to the system. Roll Eyes

derick

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »

Wouldnt less legitimacy be better than more?
Rothbardian
Radical Libertarian

Abolish the State!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »

I don't believe that driving on the roads/voting legitimizes the State anyway, hence my point.

We as Anarcho-Capitalists need to seek radical candidates to grasp the political means. It's the only way we'll win.

Rothbardian
Radical Libertarian

Abolish the State!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »

I should note that voting for someone who wil use Aggression would constitute a legitimization of the government. But voting for a candidate who will do nothing (as well as reduce the State as much as possible) is not legitimizing the government.

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »

Seems to me another point to say there is no need to argue.  Both are better than nothing. 

Welcome to the forum!

Rothbardian
Radical Libertarian

Abolish the State!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »

There is a need to argue this. Like I've repeated, I'd rather have radical political minarchists than non-radical, anti-voting anarchists. I'm totally intent on writing an essay on this, and I am also fine with splitting the movement over this point, if such happens; the title of my essay will be "on political anarchism" or something of that sort.

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2012, 09:15:20 PM »

There is a need to argue this. Like I've repeated, I'd rather have radical political minarchists than non-radical, anti-voting anarchists. I'm totally intent on writing an essay on this, and I am also fine with splitting the movement over this point, if such happens; the title of my essay will be "on political anarchism" or something of that sort.

Despite my total disagreement with you over this point, if you can write a very high quality article making your case, I'd be happy to be the FIRST to publish it. I don't publish material that's ever been published anywhere else, no matter how obscure. So, make sure you try me first. Also, I pay for contributed articles, FYI.

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »

Trying to make people do what you think is like herding cats.  They are going to do what they want to do.  Make your case to add to their activism.  However your not going to accomplish anything by belittling other peoples methods, especially if they have tangible or emotional benefits to them. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: