Daily Anarchist Forum
October 27, 2021, 10:11:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Iowa Caucus Predictions?  (Read 29209 times)
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 11:27:05 PM »

That he didn't even write.

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 07:50:39 PM »

This is on Yahoo!'s homepage at the moment. Hmm...maybe he could get the nomination. Largely because there is no one else. But it's not too late for another moderate to spring up and enter the race. If he got the major party nomination, I suspect Obama would obliterate on election night. They'll paint him as extremist. Who knows, maybe my predictions are all wrong. I don't know if I should be terrified over that...

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »

A lot of democrats are angry at Obama.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/blue-republican_b_886650.html

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 08:05:44 PM »

This all seems so insane. I'm anticipating the mud-slinging to get ramped up over these next few weeks. RP's getting way too much positive attention.

Edit: Plus he's likely to win the caucus, since it's based on how rabid your fanbase is, and that would be even more news about him. I can't believe this.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:07:16 PM by JustSayNoToStatism » Logged

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 08:33:30 PM »

Search/news trends of RP vs others.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+newt+gingrich%2C+mitt+romney&ctab=0&geo=all&date=mtd&sort=0

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »

Things can change very quickly. Must keep that in mind. But I have to admit, at the moment, things are looking really weird. Obama might start a war for the rally around the flag effect. Imagine RP getting the nomination and running on the anti-war platform. You might split the left, just four years after Obama supposedly built a "perfect coalition" which was expected to last a generation. We may have classic leftists voting for RP, WW3, and a true global economic catastrophe... this is shaping up to be a strange year. And tomorrow he'll likely win the caucus....You almost have to expect some sort of made up sex scandal, or his racist newsletters to make national headlines, really, really soon.

-MAM
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 09:02:05 PM »

That newsletter has been national news for five years.  I saw another about it in the wall street journal today.  They blamed the writing on Lew Rockwell.  If I remember correctly, the actual writer was known last time around.  This issue has been rehashed so many times it is just boring.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:05:29 PM by Syock » Logged

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 09:04:06 PM »

That newsletter has been national news for five years.  I saw another about it in the wall street journal today. 
Well they need to get it on TV!!! I can see the advertisement now, with sad music, and bad photos of the man. Throw in pictures of people with sheets on their heads into the slideshow and it's a campaign torpedo!!

-MAM
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 09:06:08 PM »

They will never pull that off with so much anti-racist speech over 30 years.

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 12:47:21 PM »

Virgina will be Paul vs Romney.  They decided not to break their own laws to get Gingrich on there.  Funny how they decided that after Gingrich fell in the polls and were facing a required 80% approval to change the laws. 

http://www.examiner.com/elections-2010-in-wilmington/ken-cuccinelli-changes-his-mind-the-virginia-primary-is-ron-paul-mitt-romney

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 08:04:12 PM »

It is amazing how all the news channels are dumping on RP tonight.

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »

Ron Paul is getting plenty of jabber on CNN.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 09:42:47 PM »

Damn, this is close. Live updates here if anyone is sans TV http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/liveblogging-caucus-night-yahoo-news-abc-tucker-carlson-000558451.html

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 09:52:41 PM »

I saw some results breakdown that showed RP was getting about 50% of the independent vote, Romney was at about 10%.  Meanwhile they were saying only Romney could get independent votes.  I don't know if I should consider the hosts stupid, lairs, or so scared that they need a change of pants. 

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 09:56:12 PM »

CNN just interviewed an active duty soldier who voted for Ron Paul. They asked him if it wasn't dangerous to bring the troops home now. Then the soldier started to talk about how dangerous it is to keep fighting aggressive wars or starting one in Ira...

Then they lost connection! It was hysterical. The chat box on the right side went a million miles an hour with people cracking up over that one!

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: