Daily Anarchist Forum
October 16, 2021, 06:49:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Iowa Caucus Predictions?  (Read 29047 times)
dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 09:57:25 PM »

I read that too somewhere. I just don't understand how Romney could get ANY independent votes. The independents I know I'd consider smart. . .

http://cur.lv/fgf0 <--- Accepting bitcoins!
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 09:57:47 PM »

CNN just interviewed an active duty soldier who voted for Ron Paul. They asked him if it wasn't dangerous to bring the troops home now. Then the soldier started to talk about how dangerous it is to keep fighting aggressive wars or starting one in Ira...

Then they lost connection! It was hysterical. The chat box on the right side went a million miles an hour with people cracking up over that one!

Hahaha...  Just can't make that stuff up.  

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 10:49:46 PM »

Welp, guess my prediction of Ron taking Iowa was wrong. Can we smell an independent run in November?

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2012, 10:59:02 PM »

Well, RP said he wouldn't run third party this time.  I seriously doubt he would go back on that.  I wouldn't count him out just yet either.  No one has really beat on Romney yet, and he is a weak candidate in many ways. 

Who would have guessed 25% by Santorum?  That seems like the big story the media is going to run with.

From what I understand, it is not winner take all this year.  So RP won't lose what he won here.  I wonder what will happen with NH.  I know the FSP is still small there, but I hope they made some progress on the locals. 

dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »

I hope he does run third party if he doesn't get the nomination. I think there still might be a lot of democrats who are afraid of the republican title.

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2012, 11:02:21 PM »

Many of the FSPers are like myself, apolitical anarchists.

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2012, 11:06:17 PM »

Many of the FSPers are like myself, apolitical anarchists.

I've heard a lot of local elections have been won by FSP's too. 

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »

CNN just interviewed an active duty soldier who voted for Ron Paul. They asked him if it wasn't dangerous to bring the troops home now. Then the soldier started to talk about how dangerous it is to keep fighting aggressive wars or starting one in Ira...

Then they lost connection! It was hysterical. The chat box on the right side went a million miles an hour with people cracking up over that one!

Ron Paul asked him up to the podium to finish what he was saying that got cut off.  The news cut him off before he started speaking.   

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2012, 11:18:02 PM »

He was able to finish on CNN. CNN showed the whole of Ron Paul's speech.

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2012, 11:19:32 PM »

I keep flipping between them.  I happened to be on fox at that time.  When I jumped to CNN it was over.

Newt is calling out RP now.  He is saying Iran is going to nuke us unless we go stop them.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:22:25 PM by Syock » Logged

Script

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2012, 11:36:05 PM »

I shouldn't be, but I am disappointed. 

Oh well, freedom isn't going to come through the political process anyway.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2012, 11:41:08 PM »

I'm not really disappointed. If you put a gun to my head and asked me who I would hope would win, I'd pick Ron. But things happen for a reason and his losing Iowa is just part of how it's suppose to go down. An independent run, maybe. Either way, he's not going to be President. But this is for sure, the message is spreading. Our numbers are growing. It's going to be a long, arduous struggle.

dpalme
Solder Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 12:10:58 AM »

I'm bummed but what can you do? I agree with Script, freedom won't come through the political process, but a Ron Paul presidency would sure help pave the way. I know it's early, but I doubt Ron could win now. If he won this, there would be a good chance, but Romney's surging in NH (I don't know how though), so I feel it's just downhill from here.

Here's the soldier being cut off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_AQnegSXMw&feature=g-u&context=G2345344FUAAAAAAABAA

Convenient.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:13:55 AM by dpalme » Logged

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 12:23:44 AM »

We knew it was going to be up to us, and the message of voluntaryism, that would need to pick up the pieces of a lost Ron Paul 2012 Presidential campaign. Nothing has changed.

nick79

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2012, 02:29:34 AM »

I've been a long-time lurker, but the question of why there aren't more female anarchists has lured me out to post for the first time and say hello.

I'm not really sure what the answer is, but I think (for me, at least) it may be because politics and economics are seen as male interests, and so women just aren't exposed to them in ways that include or interest them. Before I felt confident enough to start initiating or jumping into political conversations, I was never invited to join the conversation or asked my opinion, and I think that was a big factor. At some point, I learned my views (which consisted mostly of ideas gleamed from reading Ayn Rand) were compatible with libertarianism so I claimed that title, but it was another year before I looked up 'libertarian' on the internet, realized it wasn't just a political party, and learned about the NAP. I was introduced to an-cap by a friend but really didn't understand what it was; I had to go searching for the missing pieces mostly on my own without a clue of where to look. It took about a year for me to discover Mises, Rothbard, etc, learn the basics of economics, put it together with libertarian ideas, then make the leap to anarchy. It took a lot of reading and searching and thinking for my mind to begin to wrap around it all. Many people, especially women, don't even realize anarchy is an option (I remember the first time somebody told me the government should be abolished; I was already a minarchist but that statement was a lightning bolt that literally stunned me for a few moments). So perhaps the key to getting more women interested in anarchy is to simply start dialogue and include them into your conversations. Make it accessible, talk about the different viewpoints and how we are personally affected by them, etc. And don't forget to invite them to join the forum here; I've found it to be an intelligent and civilized one compared to most others and I think women would feel comfortable here, even if they choose to just lurk like I do.

Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: