Daily Anarchist Forum
August 18, 2019, 12:12:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: converting folks...  (Read 4003 times)
ransom147

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2010, 12:11:20 AM »

i've found that atheists are especially receptive to Stefan Molyneux videos... in particular, a friend on FB who is highly concerned w/ "gay rights" was totally enamored with Stefan's "Gay Marriage" ideas. i'm seriously looking at converting a left leaning, punk rocker, old friend of mine.
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 09:57:58 AM »

That's good to hear. Tell him that war cannot exist without the state  Smiley . Now it exists because companies act in their self-interest and lobby the state. But with no state, it wouldn't be worth it to invade (Iraq for example).

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Brooklyn Red Leg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 10:30:57 AM »

Its actually possible to reach out to people on the 'right' that have started to realize that being a NeoCon is not only stupid, but incredibly dangerous. A friend of mine is slowly starting to realize that even Minarchism is bad and that we're on the Express Elevator to Hell. Of course, there is another friend I don't even discuss politics with because he's the stereotype of a 'Law & Order' type Republican who also happens to be a school teacher. I don't have the heart to tell him that he's part of the parasite class.

helio

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 01:42:27 PM »

I know what you mean, Seth.  My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew are all card carrying members of a teacher's union.  What is ironic is that both brother-in-law and nephew are also ordained baptist ministers.  It is ironic because the Bible says "Don't steal, Don't kill, Don't Covet" et cetera, and all three of those 'sin's are used to fill their bank accounts every month. 

Stefan has really helped me to understand that we need to have the courage of our convictions and not associate with blood thirsty, covetous, thieves.  So I avoid them at all costs.  It is painful sometimes.

The parasites can't be saved because acknowledging they are parasites is beyond their egotistical powers.

It's just like triage; save the ones that can be saved and let the rest go.

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 04:33:13 PM »

I haven't posted in this topic yet, helio, but thanks for the credit.

You mention Stephan talking about how we need to have the conviction to avoid the parasite class. Can you provide a video to that? I would love to hear what he has to say on the matter. I'm all about boycotting people that won't open their minds. Statism is like racism to me. I just have no desire to be around those that are like that and aren't willing to even listen to what I have to say.

So, I would like a video to help back me up on the matter when people ask me why I'm so anti- social.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Intuition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 05:12:47 PM »

Seth, I don't know of a video that directly addresses this issue in any detail, but his basic premise is that all adult relationships are (or at least should be) voluntary. As such, no adult has any moral obligation to engage in a social interaction with another adult.
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:13:44 PM »

The parasites can't be saved because acknowledging they are parasites is beyond their egotistical powers.
True. It seems obvious when you hear it, but it's really a profound observation. If someone's been in the DEA or IRS for 10 years, then they cannot mentally grasp the idea that what they've done is evil. Only 1% of people could handle the suffering it would take to have such a realization. In much the same way the brain can cloud traumatic experiences, it can block critical thinking

@ seth
who's actually being antisocial? hint:thieves and murderers

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
helio

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 08:08:24 PM »

I haven't posted in this topic yet, helio, but thanks for the credit.

Hahaha. I glanced at Brooklyn Red Leg's flag and didn't notice it wasn't your avatar.

Asking me to find a particular video of stefs is like trying to find an anarchist in a football stadium since he has so many.  But I'll do my best and see if I can find it. 

By the way, have you invited stef to check out the site?

helio

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »

who's actually being antisocial? hint:thieves and murderers

That is something i've been pondering alot lately.  One of the arguments people throw down alot as if it were a magic "I Win" button is "Well, we are all part of society, and you have to pay your fair share".

Well, what if their understanding of what constitutes a 'society' is incorrect? 
Is proximity alone enough?  Or is proximal habitation required instead?  Does it also require shared moral values, language, superstitions, and traditions?  And further, what about committments to those moral values in action and consequence? 

I think not.  I think, society is the marketplace of human interests.  Rather, society is a marketplace of cooperative opportunities between participants.  Predation diminishes and eliminates cooperative opportunities and weakens the society.  Predation is the worst way to achieve co-action.  Predation and threat is an opportunity cost. Being threatened into co-action is sacrificing something of lesser value to keep something of greater value; a net loss.  Cooperation is trading something of a lesser value for a greater value; a net gain since value is subjective.  Some of my recent ponderings anyway.

The point is, I don't think a statist grouping of people constitutes a 'society'.  Can we call wolves preying on their pack as being together in a society?  I think not.  This is an animal farm where they are all arguing over which animals get eaten by which other animals. 

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 10:47:11 PM »

This is an animal farm where they are all arguing over which animals get eaten by which other animals. 
Civilized, right?

-MAM
ransom147

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 12:46:45 AM »

i think you're correct Helio. after all does society exist to serve man or vice versa? the notion that we are born with a duty to our fellow men collectivized as a "society" is a philosophy of slavery...
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 08:37:10 PM »

I know what you mean, Seth.  My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew are all card carrying members of a teacher's union.  What is ironic is that both brother-in-law and nephew are also ordained baptist ministers.  It is ironic because the Bible says "Don't steal, Don't kill, Don't Covet" et cetera, and all three of those 'sin's are used to fill their bank accounts every month. 

Church use to be part of standard income taxes in Europe, and likely other parts of the world as well. 

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 08:42:14 PM »

The Catholic church still receives tax monies in Germany.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »

The Catholic church still receives tax monies in Germany.
I didn't know this. Everyone says Europe is so much more secular...I guess it's a generalization.

-MAM
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 09:09:43 PM »

It may be more secular even with the tax there.  Considering the early movers here were oppressed due to state run religion, they set it up so this state wouldn't run religion.  They still had to be incredibly devoted to their faith to travel across the ocean just to belong to a slightly different form of the same religion. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: