Daily Anarchist Forum
October 22, 2019, 07:17:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An-capistan or bust?  (Read 2730 times)
FormerlyBrainwashed

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2010, 01:34:04 PM »

Thought provoking read... (Including the comments under the article).

http://c4ss.org/content/4043

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 08:45:17 PM »

This is a superb contribution from FormerlyBrainwashed. Some of the commenters make great points. It's very thought-provoking, read it when you're feeling awake and ready to think. The article is okay, but I'm four pages into the comments and I'm amazed. There are 13 pages of comments!!!!

Please continue posting high-quality webpages like this when you find them, we all can benefit from reading them.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
FormerlyBrainwashed

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 09:32:34 PM »

Agreed. The article itself was interesting, but the comments represent superb dialogue.
helio

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 10:14:22 PM »

Thanks for the link.  Was a good read but I was rather confused about the point of the article.  If the point of the article is to convince non anarchists that ancapitalism isn't like state capitalism, then I understand.  I have given up on C4SS because of the many anarcho-collectivist articles, but maybe I should read them for the comments.  Anarcho-"Capitalism" is Impossible was a provocative title and drew me in as a reader.  I agreed with several points, mainly the ways ancaps define capitalism.  Some of the assetions about what will exist and won't exist was too prophetic, such as a billionaire would find it too hard to protect his property.  This falls into the category of "I can't imagine how they could pay for it, so it isn't possible."

However, I found it worth my time reading because it provoked a discussion about the nature of ethical property claims in the comments.  This has, and shall likely continue to be the area of anarchial theory that keeps me up at night the most.  Anytime you come across any such article, please continue to post!

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
FormerlyBrainwashed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 10:49:07 PM »

Helio-

If you enjoy working through mental gymnastics as it relates to "property" then here is yet another interesting read for you to chew on (linked in the comments of the original article referenced in this thread).

Is Property Theft? http://anarchywithoutbombs.com/2010/03/07/is-property-theft/

In fact - The "Is Property Theft?" article is worthy of it's own thread (but I'll just leave it as is). Wink

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 11:05:59 PM by FormerlyBrainwashed » Logged
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:08:16 PM »

I saw lots of flaws in this article.  It would take me pages to refute it point by point. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: