Daily Anarchist Forum
May 27, 2019, 06:39:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaked government document shows FEMA camps are ready for operation  (Read 5937 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 11:46:54 PM »

That's odd. Last I read, Seth, you had nothing but positive things to say about Alex. Did something change?

I have positive things to say about a lot of people. I try to keep the negative at bay. I'm not really down on Alex Jones. It's just that he's not an anarcho-capitalist... yet. Also, I'm just not that interested in conspiracy. I grew up on that stuff in the John Birch Society when I was really young into early adulthood.

The reason I'm not into conspiracy is because what is right in front of our eyes is bad enough. The wars on drugs, terror, etc. are so incredibly evil and right out there in the open. The same goes for the welfare state. If people can't grasp how bad these things are I'm not sure if they're really going to care if building 7 was brought down by controlled demolition or not. I could be wrong.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Anarcho/Infowarrior
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 01:32:49 AM »

I've thought about this for most of the day, and Dave is right: worrying about something that I have zero control over is useless. As the Buddha said, one must learn to live in the now. To waste your time on what could have been and what will be is suffering within its own right. Only positive thinking can bring change to life.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 02:51:08 PM »

Another way to cope with the world is view things in a positive light, even though they are negative.

Here's how I do it. Let's say the government starts marching millions of people off into the death camps. Obviously, that's a bummer. But then when I think about it I really only feel sorry for the libertarian activists who get killed by the state. Hear me out on this one.

If the person getting shipped off to the death camp was a statist, they're really only getting killed by their own system. Furthermore, the libertarians, while there will be some statistically speaking, aren't as likely to allow themselves to be shipped off in a train to a death camp. Those are the people who will have been cognizant enough beforehand to fight back.

Think about it. If the government passed a law tomorrow that said everybody had to report to the train station to be shipped off somewhere I'll bet there would be A LOT of people who would obey that order. If they do obey that order how much sympathy should we really have for them? I know it sounds cold, but I don't have an infinite well of pity for fools.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 07:47:55 PM »

I understand what you mean Seth. It's worshiping the guillotine that will behead you. Kissing the sword that disembowels you. It's hard to pity someone who salutes the flag and gets burned by the state.

(In Soviet America, flag burns you!!!)

But I think to not sympathize at all with them is to claim they "had it coming" (<---this is probably disputable). I don't really think this way. Most people are just drones who had their brains sucked out of their heads in their youth, through no fault of their own. So I still have to sympathize with them for being victims of the state...but I do understand Seth's point. It's frustrating to watch people unintentionally self-destruct, and take the more aware people down with them.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
bastiat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 10:30:27 PM »

We need to remove the belief in good government and government atrocities can help do that;  I do realize that the government has engaged in genocide and mass detentions before, but those are a long time ago and done by white males and they had some justification that I doubt these would have if they are put in use.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: