Daily Anarchist Forum
February 01, 2023, 08:15:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Daily Anarchist improvements  (Read 3683 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2010, 12:38:43 AM »

I have a couple of questions for anybody who can help me or cares to make their two cents public.

For starters, The avatars that show up in the comments sections are way too small. Does anybody know how to fix that?

Also, I'm curious how people feel about the Daily Anarchist banner. Obviously, I'm going for a civil disobedience theme. We've got 4 of the world's most well known civil disobedients of all time. However, I can't help but to think that anytime you attach a personality to something, there are going to be people that find it objectionable. For instance, the atheists get offended and don't want to visit the site because there is a picture of Jesus there. The Christians don't want to stay because there is a picture of Gandhi. Others will not like MLK because he was a supposed communist. I can't think of any reason why somebody would not like Thoreau, but I'm sure they're out there.

So, the question is, do I keep the banner the way it is now, or are there likely to be a bunch of people who are leaving the website because they don't like the personalities, in which case, I should remove them?

Thoughts?

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
FormerlyBrainwashed

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 11:30:34 PM »

My opinion is that if anyone has enough beef with what images are listed in the banner, then they aren't focused to begin with. It really is inconsequential who's faces you publish on your site however there will always be people who read into things like that. I, for one, took a good look at them the first time I visited and even though I did pause very briefly to wonder what each might have to do with the basic theme of the site, I didn't find it to be anything worth losing any sleep over 9if you know what I mean).

No idea on the avatars...

Perception is NOT reality, however if you are concerned that some of your potential audience are easily bothered by the banner then it's your option to remove it or leave it how it is.

NickyTheHeel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 03:53:21 AM »

Howdy.  Interesting site.  I love the Agorist, counter-economic lean to it.

I've been on some sites where people with paid memberships have larger Avatars where as free members get smaller avatars.  Could in be some setting in the membership privileges area or something like that?

Check your PMs, Seth.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: