Daily Anarchist Forum
August 20, 2019, 09:31:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Trillion Dollar Black Market  (Read 4465 times)
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »

Great read for all you counter-economists and agorists out there, apparently half the workers of the world are working in "System D" aka a spontaneous counter economy
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/10/28/black_market_global_economy?page=full
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 10:04:10 PM »

Thanks for sharing! We could use a little more System D in the USA.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
nhwulf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:14:55 PM »

A good sign, and a step in the right direction. When people start to disassociate themselves from the state economically, a complete break on the horizon is possible.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 10:26:23 PM »

http://www.freemanch.com/the-top-ten-reasons-why-the-mafia-is-better-than-the-government/

What do you guys think of this?

To be honest, I really don't know much about the mafia. We get told through the media and government that they steal things and extort money from business people. I've never witnessed it first-hand, so it could be true. But what I find ironic is that it's the GOVERNMENT who says the mafia steals and extorts. I mean, government is the biggest thief and extortionist of all time, it wouldn't surprise me if they make that shit up against the mafia in order to prevent people from using their services.

Could it be that the mafia are actually the good guys? How ironic would that be, the ones slandered as the greatest criminals are actually the greatest good guys and vice versa.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
nhwulf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 10:36:53 PM »

I dont know too much about the mafia either. Most of what I know, or think i know, comes from movies and news. It is ironic that every negative definition of the mafia I can think of also applies to government. The main difference I can see is the perception of legitamacy through the voting booth. Vote "Don" for pres?
ff42

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 11:29:36 PM »

How is a good way to find 'System-D' people in my area (and also offer System-D services) WITHOUT getting 'caught'?  I always try to ask for a cash discount (at Mom and Pop stores, mechanics, etc.), but how do I let them know that I won't turn them in if they don't pay (i.e. charge) sales tax on their services?   

Of course the answer can't be given here because 'law enforcement' will use it to entrap those good people. 
nhwulf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 11:59:19 PM »

ff42. My expirience here is limited. When possible I strike up a quick conversation. For ex. at my last vehicle inspection I asked what indemnity this sticker provided. I f my brakes go out in one day, in one week or month. Am I held liable? If so, does this sticker mandated by the state really hold that my vehicle is safe? If, and in this case he did, the mech agree that that sticker did not disqualify me from any operating a vehicle with faulty equipment charges, therefore the sticker is arbitrary, I offered to pay MORE, by $10 to keep it off the books. He declined but did express sympathy. More often than not this doesnt work. But the moral victory when they understand but fear the state and so dont work out an agorist deal reafirms my beliefs. Hopefully they go home thinking, and maybe find recources to understand more thoroughly the truth of daily life in the state. On the other hand, outreach done in nieghborhoods does well. I have spent a few short weeks approaching homeowners in my area about yardwork and house repair. I dont quote prices. I agree to do jobs I am capable of and accept donations based on the quality of finished work. In passing I mention the taxes on labor, the materials used, and all processes that got them to market. Then show the price equivilent had I added tax. Mostly I get smiles and aske if I can be called on again. Approaching an established buisness is hard. Individuals are much more likley to be agorist if they think they wont get caught, or are doing nothing wrong. The latter is almost always the case. How to find a "system -d" seller? I dont know where to direct you. There are a few in my area, you will have to find those in your own local. I found sellers by becoming a seller.
Freya
Tranarchist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 05:52:14 AM »

http://www.freemanch.com/the-top-ten-reasons-why-the-mafia-is-better-than-the-government/

What do you guys think of this?

To be honest, I really don't know much about the mafia. We get told through the media and government that they steal things and extort money from business people. I've never witnessed it first-hand, so it could be true. But what I find ironic is that it's the GOVERNMENT who says the mafia steals and extorts. I mean, government is the biggest thief and extortionist of all time, it wouldn't surprise me if they make that shit up against the mafia in order to prevent people from using their services.

Could it be that the mafia are actually the good guys? How ironic would that be, the ones slandered as the greatest criminals are actually the greatest good guys and vice versa.

Video here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IErlI34-0so" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IErlI34-0so</a>

I don't think the maffia are the good guys, though they certainly aren't the biggest of criminal organisations Wink.
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 08:51:24 PM »

How is a good way to find 'System-D' people in my area (and also offer System-D services) WITHOUT getting 'caught'?  I always try to ask for a cash discount (at Mom and Pop stores, mechanics, etc.), but how do I let them know that I won't turn them in if they don't pay (i.e. charge) sales tax on their services?   

Of course the answer can't be given here because 'law enforcement' will use it to entrap those good people. 
Number one way to get in on your local "black" market is to make friends. Many many friends.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 08:47:49 PM »

I don't think the maffia are the good guys, though they certainly aren't the biggest of criminal organisations Wink.

I will agree with that.  Stealing less than the government is still stealing. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: