Daily Anarchist Forum
August 20, 2019, 09:31:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The worst vet propaganda that you've ever seen  (Read 11566 times)
Linux

Your friendly (srs) neighborhood Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 03:01:59 PM »

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/98612.html

Holy. God. Shocked Ladies and gentlemen, Tom DiLorenzo has balls! Would any of you have the courage to do something like this?

I lol'ed so hard when I read that. I'm sending this to my anarchist and libertarian friends...

You need to take your daughter out of public school as soon as possible. Her mind is the type that needs to flourish without the propaganda of the State tarnishing it in anyway.
+1
If you can afford to do so, it's definitely worth considering.
Homeschooling can be very affordable, but it require time.

"Liberty is the mother, not the daughter, of order." - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
If you use Bitcoins, you should check out this site for earning Bitcoins - when you click my link and sign up I get a referral bonus!
randallstevens

FREEDOM!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 03:03:06 PM »

Holy. God. Shocked Ladies and gentlemen, Tom DiLorenzo has balls! Would any of you have the courage to do something like this?

I think it's hilarious. Good for him. I think we should have a Taxpayers Day where all government parasites praise their hosts for providing them with jobs.

He doesn't exist, except on paper.
bastiat

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »

I would only feel comfortable doing that to the state. But  it is still is epic.
Also, even if you do not have the time for complete homeschooling, a small bit will prevent blind faith in the teachers; also I suspect a kid who knows more academically will be more likely to be believed about politics.
Anarcho/Infowarrior
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 07:31:07 PM »

I think it's hilarious. Good for him. I think we should have a Taxpayers Day where all government parasites praise their hosts for providing them with jobs.

Or, we could dress up as the IRS and ask "them" for money! Cheesy
nhwulf

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 09:26:07 PM »

Seth, My daughter is nine. She goes to a public school due to finances. IE, I have very little. Time is of the same quantity. We use it as a kind of daycare. She gets social activity and exposure to what is peddled to the public then we go over and analyze each day. It helps me as much as her. While a private school has many positives, the public school better helps prepare her for the fight ahead. Know thy enemy. And yes, she is awesome. Also, I am very biased.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »

That's awesome!

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 04:16:42 PM »

For the past two weeks my daughter has been going through a bit of public school melodrama. She does not say the pledge of allegiance. While it is not required, there is a fair amount of pressure, both from peers and her teacher. She has been asked repeatedly to answer why she will not say the pledge, and doesnt she like america? Her best answer so far? "I dont know what Im pledgeing to, do you?"
Ah yes I go to public high school and I refuse to say the pledge. But they give you so much more crap if you won't stand for their "moment of silence". I don't even know what it is for!
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 07:23:29 PM »

For the past two weeks my daughter has been going through a bit of public school melodrama. She does not say the pledge of allegiance. While it is not required, there is a fair amount of pressure, both from peers and her teacher. She has been asked repeatedly to answer why she will not say the pledge, and doesnt she like america? Her best answer so far? "I dont know what Im pledgeing to, do you?"
Ah yes I go to public high school and I refuse to say the pledge. But they give you so much more crap if you won't stand for their "moment of silence". I don't even know what it is for!
It's about getting you to obey without thinking. Notice how effective it is, since it works on 99% of your peers.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Anarcho/Infowarrior
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 12:19:22 AM »

^Historically speaking, education used by the State has always had the purpose of creating subservience among individuals. Martin Luther (the theologian) stated during his analysis of society that governments should fund the creation of schools and education in order to keep the masses from going against their masters.
Linux

Your friendly (srs) neighborhood Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 08:12:24 AM »

^Historically speaking, education used by the State has always had the purpose of creating subservience among individuals. Martin Luther (the theologian) stated during his analysis of society that governments should fund the creation of schools and education in order to keep the masses from going against their masters.

Tsk tsk... For having went up against the scariest heretical institution of his time and having fought for truth, he still had some bad ideas... I'll give Luther this, he didn't have any history (that I know of) which he could look back upon and find "public" education.

"Liberty is the mother, not the daughter, of order." - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
If you use Bitcoins, you should check out this site for earning Bitcoins - when you click my link and sign up I get a referral bonus!
Freya
Tranarchist

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 08:17:35 AM »

I'll give Luther this, he didn't have any history (that I know of) which he could look back upon and find "public" education.

I really think we need to look at the actions/words of historical figures within the time they were living in. There have been plenty of inspirational people throughout history who have done/said some contradictory or controversial things.

Good example are the US founding fathers who preached freedom, yet alot of them held slaves or were plantation owners. I do not think it diminishes the good things they said or did.
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 01:54:08 PM »

I do not think it diminishes the good things they said or did.
Certainly not. But it diminishes their relevance today when there are people with much more complete ideas (even if they are only incremental improvements off the giants of the past).

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 07:51:55 PM »

Yes I recall that one of the advocates for compulsory public education back in the "fascist" era of the 1920s and 30s directly said that he supported the system solely to indoctrinate children to put the state before everything and everyone else. I can't remember exactly who, but it was a fairly famous man at the time. 
braindead0
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 03:50:55 PM »

Yes I recall that one of the advocates for compulsory public education back in the "fascist" era of the 1920s and 30s directly said that he supported the system solely to indoctrinate children to put the state before everything and everyone else. I can't remember exactly who, but it was a fairly famous man at the time.  
For tons more on this see John Taylor Gatto.  You can read the entire "Underground History of American Education" book on his website.  I was astonished when I first read it.
Anarcho/Infowarrior
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 08:41:24 PM »

I haven't read any of Gattos book yet. I know that Rothbard has a short expose on the nature of education on my Kindle, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. "For a New Liberty" has some excellent information on the nature of state funded education.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: