Daily Anarchist Forum
May 20, 2019, 03:59:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The worst vet propaganda that you've ever seen  (Read 11037 times)
Anarcho/Infowarrior
« on: November 09, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »

This weekend marks Vet Day, one of biggest weapons of psychological warfare and propaganda that the State uses to invoke a sense of spurious, meaningless patriotism and state support. The game is quite simple: show your support for idiots that would willingly give up their lives for the state to go kill people in another country, and get moral support from others. Since WWI, the conditioning has been very effective. Prepare to see the usual plethora of American flags and state cheering among the sheep.

I've seen a lot of odd propaganda for Vet Day, but I know the state will go to great lengths to manifest the most unusual ideas possible to invoke servitude from the masses. With this in mind, I would like to know about your experience regarding the most oddball display of servitude to the military power of the state. Were you attacked for not saluting the troops? Did you see a mass wave of collectivist freaks begin to cheer mindlessly for the armed forces as they got off a plane and entered an airport? Share your experience here! Smiley

Personally, I haven't come across anything truly strange. However, there was one moment at an airport that showed me just how stupid people can be. A group of troops got off a plane and started flooding an airport. As soon as one of them got off, a zombie started clapping and cheering for him, which invoked the same behavior from the collective behind him. I simply walked by them and the troops without care for either group.

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 07:38:52 PM »

I witnessed a man in military uniform get bought a drink by strangers across the bar the other day.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Anarcho/Infowarrior
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 07:46:06 PM »

^And you didn't want a drink put on your tab?! Shocked Just kidding. I haven't been to a lot of bars, so I've never seen that occur.
DROI

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »

My liberal mother shows me patriotic chain emails that make me cringe.
They always include the old guilt trip of "They died to protect your freedoms!!!!!!"
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 09:34:50 PM »

My liberal mother shows me patriotic chain emails that make me cringe.
They always include the old guilt trip of "They died to protect your freedoms!!!!!!"

DOH!!!!!!!!!!

Anarcho/Infowarrior
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 09:49:57 PM »

Ah, yes. The old "THEY DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOMS!" bit. Here's a question for those individuals: if they're really dying to protect our freedoms, then how do you explain the continued rise of the police state in this country?
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 10:31:25 PM »

Ah, yes. The old "THEY DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOMS!" bit. Here's a question for those individuals: if they're really dying to protect our freedoms, then how do you explain the continued rise of the police state in this country?

The police are there to protect our freedom too. DUH!!!!!!!

Freya
Tranarchist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 07:32:38 AM »

The police are there to protect our freedom too. DUH!!!!!!!

I greatly respect the USA police officers for going to such extreme lengths to protect your freedoms by shutting down childrens lemonade stands because they didn't get a 500$ permit.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV7e_cG4pzk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV7e_cG4pzk</a>

I personally don't have any experience with extreme false sense of patriotism regarding our troops here in the Netherlands. Though its not unknown in Europe. I've got some British friends that are so damn proud of their troops its disgusting.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:35:41 AM by EddyK » Logged
randallstevens

FREEDOM!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 09:36:05 AM »

At my job we have an all staff meeting every other week or so where the managers get everyone together to talk about nothing important. This last time we were presented with the annual powerpoint of military glorification for the upcoming veteran's day. After the state induced orgasm the general manager called all of the veterans out to come stand up on stage and be recognized for our "heroism". Only one person went up there, the rest of us apparently no longer giving a shit or (in my case) ashamed of having served as a thug of the state. Hopefully the management will get a clue and stop doing this in the future.

He doesn't exist, except on paper.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 12:47:46 PM »

At my job we have an all staff meeting every other week or so where the managers get everyone together to talk about nothing important. This last time we were presented with the annual powerpoint of military glorification for the upcoming veteran's day. After the state induced orgasm the general manager called all of the veterans out to come stand up on stage and be recognized for our "heroism". Only one person went up there, the rest of us apparently no longer giving a shit or (in my case) ashamed of having served as a thug of the state. Hopefully the management will get a clue and stop doing this in the future.

That's funny. I can just picture it now in my mind. The one veteran goes up on stage and the others in the crowd are just thinking to themselves "Chump!"

nhwulf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 10:53:30 PM »

For the past two weeks my daughter has been going through a bit of public school melodrama. She does not say the pledge of allegiance. While it is not required, there is a fair amount of pressure, both from peers and her teacher. She has been asked repeatedly to answer why she will not say the pledge, and doesnt she like america? Her best answer so far? "I dont know what Im pledgeing to, do you?"
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 11:21:19 PM »

For the past two weeks my daughter has been going through a bit of public school melodrama. She does not say the pledge of allegiance. While it is not required, there is a fair amount of pressure, both from peers and her teacher. She has been asked repeatedly to answer why she will not say the pledge, and doesnt she like america? Her best answer so far? "I dont know what Im pledgeing to, do you?"

Your daughter sounds awesome. How old is she?

Anarcho/Infowarrior
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 11:51:37 PM »

You need to take your daughter out of public school as soon as possible. Her mind is the type that needs to flourish without the propaganda of the State tarnishing it in anyway.

Believe it or not, there is one good thing coming out of Vet's Day:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection/91655
 Grin Grin Grin
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 02:13:20 PM »

You need to take your daughter out of public school as soon as possible. Her mind is the type that needs to flourish without the propaganda of the State tarnishing it in anyway.
+1
If you can afford to do so, it's definitely worth considering.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Anarcho/Infowarrior
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 02:52:29 PM »

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/98612.html

Holy. God. Shocked Ladies and gentlemen, Tom DiLorenzo has balls! Would any of you have the courage to do something like this?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: