Daily Anarchist Forum
October 21, 2019, 06:15:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anarcho communists discover the SToV  (Read 4276 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 03, 2011, 04:44:53 AM »

I just finished reading an online zine at an AnComm website that had an article on Bitcoins. In it they write that "the value of Bitcoins are determined by what people are willing to pay for them."

I grinned nice and big.  Grin

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Freya
Tranarchist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:04:53 AM »

I just finished reading an online zine at an AnComm website that had an article on Bitcoins. In it they write that "the value of Bitcoins are determined by what people are willing to pay for them."

I grinned nice and big.  Grin

So can we conclude that, like most people, they haven't figured out that this counts for all fiat money?   Grin

David Giessel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 12:40:21 PM »

But what of Marx!?

That's awesome. Good stuff Seth :-)

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and thousands around you will be saved." -Seraphim of Sarov

"There is no ideology. There is no guru. There is only us, and this, and the silence." -Mark Manson
Linux

Your friendly (srs) neighborhood Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:42:56 PM »

Aren't they also in a way accepting the truth of subjective value?

"Liberty is the mother, not the daughter, of order." - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
If you use Bitcoins, you should check out this site for earning Bitcoins - when you click my link and sign up I get a referral bonus!
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 10:51:58 PM »

Absolutely!

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 11:28:26 PM »

Absolutely!
Ah, but they're only saying it for certain things. I bet they'd say something like: "Bitcoin is based on subjective value, but my food and healthcare and labor have inherent value." It is funny though to think that they stumbled upon subjective value without even realizing it. Probably through their own thought too. If they weren't worshiping Marx, maybe they'd expand subjective value to encompass other things as well.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 12:32:43 AM »

Absolutely!
Ah, but they're only saying it for certain things. I bet they'd say something like: "Bitcoin is based on subjective value, but my food and healthcare and labor have inherent value." It is funny though to think that they stumbled upon subjective value without even realizing it. Probably through their own thought too. If they weren't worshiping Marx, maybe they'd expand subjective value to encompass other things as well.

They'll figure it out.

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 01:42:27 PM »

Absolutely!

They'll figure it out.
I hope so. If we added our number of people to the number of ancoms, we would have a lot of influence.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: