Daily Anarchist Forum
October 21, 2019, 06:16:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions on questions to ask a Prosecuting Attorney in class  (Read 11488 times)
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2011, 12:21:53 PM »

Hello all. As some or all of you know I am 17 and am in my last year in my local gov't youth indoctrination camp.... i.e. I'm a public high school senior. Anyway my point is that I'm taking a "Law and Society class and this Thursday the Prosecuting Attorney for the county in Michigan that I live in, is coming to talk to my law and society class.....soooo any suggestions on tough questions to ask him?

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:00:18 PM »

Ask him how he sleeps at night!  Cheesy

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
oooorgle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 03:24:19 PM »

Ask him who he represents, who the judge represents, who the appointed council represents.
Where does all of these three paychecks derive from?
Ask him what he means when he signs as the STATE OF "".
Ask him what is the STATE OF "".
Ask him if we are entitled to a fair trial.

Have you ever listened to or read any of Marc Stevens material? MarcStevens.net. I would recommend it.
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 07:02:11 PM »

Yeah I don't think that would go over too well Seth though I would like to ask that. Tongue

And Ooooorgle. Good questions and yes I have listened to a lot of Marc Stevens Material...I actually posted this question on the No State Project forums too.

nhwulf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »

Ask him if when your court docket reads, City of "X" vs Agorist or State of "X" vs Agorist, how does one get to face his accuser? The city or state does not itself show up, it is represented by proxy, by the judge and prosecutor. Both are unelected and fully unaccountable to the ones they are in the process of destroying. The defendent must appear and may not send someone else in his stead. How is the state allowed to operate above the law, or at least on a seperate set of books from those it purports to rule.
rahvin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 01:49:42 AM »

Ask him how the state maintains a policy that ignorance of the law is not a defense when the government not only makes more laws than it is possible to read, but also writes them heavily in a foreign language with uncommon syntax. 

Details follow:

The Code of Federal Regulations is about 146,000 pages long. At a reading speed of 200 words per minute (about the national average) and assuming 400 words per page (which is generously low, it could be as high as 600), it would take over 607 days to read the entire publication if someone were to read for 8 hours a day and possessed 100% memory retention.

And then you still have to keep up with new laws.

In 2010, 40,627 (local, state, and federal) new laws took affect.  If you took 2 minutes to read each law, you would need to read nonstop for 56.4 days. 

Whichever question you ask, be sure to tell us the answer! 
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 11:16:42 PM »

ooh, ooh, I'm just in time to contribute.

"Do you support the kidnapping of people who hold minority opinions on the value of different species of plant life?"

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Script

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »

ooh, ooh, I'm just in time to contribute.

"Do you support the kidnapping of people who hold minority opinions on the value of different species of plant life?"

The "wrong kind of vegetation" as our friend Molyneux would say.
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 08:49:58 AM »

Hey everyone, not sure if I should move this too a new topic but I just found out that this next Thursday, Oct. 20th, my school's Economics Club of which I am a member, will be going to a local community college where there will be a session with Former Secretary of "Defense" Robert Gates......and there WILL be a Questions and Answers portion......sooo...any suggestions for questions to ask him? And no I am NOT joking about this. I'm going to be up close and personal to one of the guys involved in the murder of the people over in Iraq, and Afghanistan and most likely numerous other countries as well. I'm going to love asking questions to him. "evil grin"

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 11:14:26 AM »

"If someone chooses to opt out of the protective services that a local criminal organization has to offer, that person will end up dead, captured, or with their home or business burned down... What would happen if someone chose to opt out of paying for national defense? With regards to this issue, how is government different from the mafia?"

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 12:35:40 PM »

ha good idea! Oh also. I just got out of that class with the Prosecutor and then proceeded to skip the rest of the day and am now home alone. So here's how the prosecutor reacted.

Question:   Mr. Cotter, most people believe that the Alchohol prohibition era was a huge failure. Yet the gov't tried it again with the War on Drugs. Why do you think that was? And do you think it is as big a failure as Prohibition? Or do you think it is a success?

Answer: Yes of course it is a success! We have decreased crime by 25% and have stopped drug usage by 50%

Question: "Mr. Cotter, on January 25th, 1837 the State of Michigan did not exist as it wasn't until the next day that an act of Congress created the State of Michigan. Thus, would it not be logical to be of the belief that the State of Michigan, and perhaps all political States, are nothing more than legal fictions? Ergo if the State of Michigan is nothing more than a legal fiction, created by an act of Congress, which is involved in the running of what could be considered a legal fiction itself, how can you rightfully, and more importantly LOGICALLY claim to represent the State of Michigan knowing it is a legal fiction?"

Answer: He got very red in the face and looked like he was about to throttle me.

Question:  Or if we were to go by the German sociologist Max Weber's definition of the state, which is 'a compulsury political institution with a centralized government, that has a monopoly on the 'legitmate' initiation of violence and coercion' how can the existence of such an institution be considered compatible with the visions of self-ownership and equality of mankind enshrined in John Locke's Two Treatises on Government, which was the main inspiration of one Thomas Jefferson when he wrote the Declaration of Independence, one of our nation's founding documents, and arguably the most important of them? "And, Mr. Cotter, if we go by Max Weber's definition of a state, and say that that is NOT compatible with the ideals enshrined in one of our nation's founding documents, how then can you try to represent such an institution knowing it cam be considered HIGHLY incompatible with the ideals enshrined in the Declaration of Independence."

Answer: He became even redder in the  face, then he counted to ten took a deep breath and said calmly "Next Question Please"

Question: "Mr. Cotter, are laws moral simply because they are laws?"

Answer: Yes.

Question "Then what about the Nazis, and the Holocaust? And what about slavery?" And if a law is moral one day how can it suddenly be immoral the next day when it is overturned?"

Answer: He turned as red as a tomatoe, looked like he was on the verge of an apoplectic fit, counted to 50, took 5 deep breaths, and then almost screamed "NEXT QUESTION!!! Oh and when I raised my hand to ask another question he looked like he was about to kill me.  So I decided to stop since I didn't want him to have a stroke.

rahvin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 03:38:53 PM »

Did you get any stories to tell about Robert Gates?
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 07:25:24 AM »

Sadly no...I was really sick and ended up having to miss the chance to "interrogate" Robert Gates. Cry

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: