Daily Anarchist Forum
October 18, 2019, 04:47:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: website design  (Read 3448 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2011, 10:36:30 PM »

So, now that I've got the new header up, I need to change around the feel of the rest of the site. For example, the right column for the blog used to be an olive green. Well, it looked alright with the old header, but it didn't look good at all with the new one. So, I've temporarily changed it to bricks. I don't really think that looks very good either. There has to be a better color or look to it than what I've currently got.

The same goes with the forum. The forum looks a little bleak to me, now. You may have noticed I changed the grey background of the website to a darker grey. I think it fits the header better, but it's definitely left the website a little dreary looking. Does anybody have any color schemes that would make things look a little more inviting around here?

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
helio

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 05:21:12 AM »

I like the gray background, but you knew that already =).

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »

I'm probably going to keep the grey background, but maybe change the color of the forum, from shades of green to something else. Any thoughts?

Linux

Your friendly (srs) neighborhood Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 04:10:38 PM »

My opinion on it is that you should start with a new theme and look. Black, gold, and grey might be a good scheme.

"Liberty is the mother, not the daughter, of order." - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
If you use Bitcoins, you should check out this site for earning Bitcoins - when you click my link and sign up I get a referral bonus!
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 07:44:57 PM »

I new forum color scheme has been made. Now it's in the process of being developed. I think you all are going to be very pleasantly surprised. =)

ff42

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 09:19:23 PM »

FYI:  My eyes are getting old and tired so I mostly visit sites in 'inverse video' (white text, black background) mode (Firefox's "Blank your monitor + Easy reading" add-on), so I don't notice the gray.

I do have to wonder what is so 'cool' (not just you, but most every site out there) wasting ~1/3 of the real-estate on gray borders (I'm a function over form guy, so maybe I just don't get it).

Thanks for the site and the great information, in whatever style you wish to present.  I appreciate that you don't have auto music nor moving graphics, both which get me nauseated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: