Daily Anarchist Forum
October 16, 2019, 05:29:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ron Paul Rising  (Read 4938 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 18, 2011, 09:00:07 PM »

So, is it just me, or does it seem like Ron Paul is WAY MORE popular than he was this time four years ago? I think it's safe to say his fan base has grown significantly, which is exactly as I expected. I think Ron Paul is going to be making big splashes over the next 12 months.

After those 12 months are up, it's our turn. Anarcho-capitalism is coming in a mighty big way. Stay tuned. Grin

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
ff42

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »

Perhaps by choosing to surround yourself with anarchists you feel/anticipate the direction of freedom for all.  I remain around statists and feel/anticipate that freedom is drifting away. 

I see some of the powers that be squash all things Ron Paul and wonder why they allow(?) so much to remain.  Are they truly losing their powers or is this a controlled allowance?
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 10:07:56 PM »

There are definitely power players that have control over a lot of things. But they aren't God. They aren't all powerful. The liberty lobby has its pull too. There are well connected and wealthy liberty lovers that know when to pull strings.

helio

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 12:21:44 AM »

I was still a neo-con in 2008.  It wasn't till spring of 09 when I hit my minarchist stride and got excited about Ron Paul-too late for sure.

However, one thing that is different is my family.  We were all pretty much die-hard neo-conns.  We voted Bushy Boy, were for wars, and all that crap. 

Now, my mom and dad said that if they vote at all, it would only be for Ron Paul.  My brother, who is ex-Navy and true nationalist has even came around.  My sisters, and nephews have largely came around.  My youngest nephew said that he is only going to vote Ron Paul this past weekend.  He said everyone in college is for Ron Paul. 

The reason?  Economics.  My family is traditionally socially conservative, but because they had been entrepreneurs (their farming operation was once one of the finest in the county, about 30 years ago) they really understand how the state strangles people's prosperity.

The desire for economic freedom has opened their minds to social freedoms.  They are all christians, but now realize that a person's behavior is between them and God.  They like how Ron Paul wants to get the government out of people's personal, as well as economic lives.  And to end the wars, including the war on drugs.

Times, they are a changin'...

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 01:14:48 AM »

Wow! That's really impressive Helio. I was under the impression you'd never be able to get anywhere with your family. To get them all gung-ho about Ron Paul is really something! Keep up the good work!

helio

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 01:49:56 AM »

Yeah, I am surprised myself as this is mostly a new development.  Just a few months ago Mom said she probably wouldn't vote for Ron Paul.  But, I guess being exposed to him in the debates changed her minds as well as my occasional rant or news story about how the government is encroaching on people's liberties.  A recent example is how I told her that the Transportation Gestapo is now considering making all farmers have CDLs for their tractors. 

My newphew was a HUGE Huckabee supporter in 08 and got to meet the fellow.  But now he is all Ron Paul. 

I wonder how much influence I have had.

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
David Giessel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 05:26:50 AM »

The state has made our ideology and cause a much easier sell over the last four years.

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and thousands around you will be saved." -Seraphim of Sarov

"There is no ideology. There is no guru. There is only us, and this, and the silence." -Mark Manson
Anarcho/Infowarrior
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 07:02:33 PM »

Great video by Alex Jones on the rise of Ron Paul (is that where you got the title of this thread from?):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrj9-gHpQsw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrj9-gHpQsw</a>
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 03:04:28 PM »

World of tanks general chat is usually just full of garbage.  A few people actually seemed to be having a serious conversation in there recently though.

bastiat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »

I would agree Ron Paul seems muchmore mainstream even though he may have gotten evenmore radical. But this made me feel less special and I have less people to argue with. Now to convert them more than one of them to to An-Cap
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 08:45:03 AM »

But this made me feel less special and I have less people to argue with.

That was good.   You know of course there are never a shortage of people to argue with online. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: