Daily Anarchist Forum
October 21, 2019, 06:24:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any fellow Infowarriors here?  (Read 4614 times)
Anarcho/Infowarrior
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:57:25 PM »

Hi Guys,

I'm curious to know if there's anyone else here that's an Infowarrior like me. When I say "Infowarrior", I'm referring to those that associate themselves with Alex Jones, the man that heads Infowars and Prisonplanet.com. Though I know a few people in the libertarian movement that don't like him, whether you believe what Alex says or not, there's no denying that his impact on the libertarian movement has been tremendous. He has what could be the fastest growing radio show in the country, and his movies and thoughts are going viral throughout the country.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:59:09 PM by Anarcho/Infowarrior » Logged
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 12:15:32 AM »

I'm a fan of Alex. I think he's been really instrumental in waking a lot of people up. Of course, finding Alex doesn't mean that they have discovered a consistent philosophy, but I am optimistic that they will, eventually.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
helio

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 10:24:05 PM »

My views on him are mixed.  I do agree with many of his philosophical positions, like how the banks and government are basically evil.  Where I am critical is he seems to have a 'jump to conclusions' mat.  He tends to ascribe godlike powers to those people in their ability to plan, execute, and shape the world.  I view this as a fallacy for the same reasons that economic central planning doesn't work; that is, the planners can't make the right decisions no matter how smart they are because they simply don't have access to the overwhelming data necessary to make the predictions and calculations.  Hayek called it the Fatal Conceit.

I view the government and the elite as a bunch of bumbling idiots who are evil because of the damage they do.  The real power behind the government isn't Bilderberg or the Rothchilds, but it is my neighbor's love for that damned flag. 

That's my opinion at least.

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
David Giessel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 06:24:46 AM »

Alex's info is great. It is a great tool to shatter people's trust and belief in the state. The value of this is well established.

Alex's fear is not useful and is unfounded in light of the failures of central planning as axiomatically demonstrated by Mises/Hayek/Rothbard/Hoppe/etc.

The fear results in a paralyzing paranoia that can cloud judgement and results in scared people doing stupid things or being too afraid to do prudent things. I could go into real world experience with this, but a public forum is not the right place for that. I think someone here mentioned the difficulty of prepping from a jail cell. Along those lines.

If fear is the main mechanism of control (the model of reality I believe to be correct) then Alex is not necessarily helping. For example: Lindsey Williams. Really? How is this useful?

Mises and Rothbard gave us this:
The market wins, always (eventually). And, all humans have human logic which is very limited in its predictive scope. Thus the "elite" are just as clueless as anyone else.

Hoppe gave us this (so did de La Boetie and many others in history):
All government rests on the consent (or complicitcy) of the ruled.

I do not ask that you place your hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, just that you support him no longer. Then you will behold him, like a colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break into pieces.
-Etienne de la Boetie
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:34:24 AM by David Giessel » Logged

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and thousands around you will be saved." -Seraphim of Sarov

"There is no ideology. There is no guru. There is only us, and this, and the silence." -Mark Manson
helio

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »

That doesn't mean I don't welcome people who follow his work.  I like the debate and controversy =)

David Giessel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 10:45:02 PM »

Absolutely, the more the merrier! Plus an AnCap Infowarrier ought to have some leverage in convincing him that the Greenbacker movement is a scam.

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and thousands around you will be saved." -Seraphim of Sarov

"There is no ideology. There is no guru. There is only us, and this, and the silence." -Mark Manson
Anarcho/Infowarrior
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 11:41:50 PM »

^Right here. Grin

"He tends to ascribe godlike powers to those people in their ability to plan, execute, and shape the world.  I view this as a fallacy for the same reasons that economic central planning doesn't work; that is, the planners can't make the right decisions no matter how smart they are because they simply don't have access to the overwhelming data necessary to make the predictions and calculations."

Read "Shadows of Power" and "Creature from Jekyll Island". These people are not idiots. They have spent their lives studying, history, psychology, etc. They know what they're doing, and they do it well.
helio

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 03:15:39 PM »

These people are not idiots.
I agree, they are very intelligent.

However, as Hayek noted in his concept of Fatal Conceit, it isn't their intelligence in question, but their wisdom.  Rather, that what they imagine can be done is far beyond what they can actually do.  That doesn't mean they won't try.  I'm certain 'they' have every intent to arrogate to themselves as much power as they can.  I also believe 'they' know full well that the money system they have in place leads to instability and revolution.

But, revolutions are dangerous because once the lid is off, it will be hard to predict what happens when people get wild.  What holds it all together are people's fear of the consequences.  If they break it too hard, people will lose fear and it won't matter how many police and soldiers they'll have. 

I have watched Edward Griffin lecture about his book, but haven't read it.  Haven't heard of the other one though.  I'll check it out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: