Daily Anarchist Forum
April 24, 2014, 08:37:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The best place to go when the Police State gets really bad  (Read 3196 times)
Linux

Your friendly (srs) neighborhood Anarchist

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »

Drains. Yep, road drains.

DuckDuckGo "draining," it's really cool. It seams like a great place to go when things get rough.

"Liberty is the mother, not the daughter, of order." - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
If you use Bitcoins, you should check out this site for earning Bitcoins - when you click my link and sign up I get a referral bonus!
nhwulf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »

Im more of the Sherwood forrest line of thought. I can hunt, farm and collect/clean enough water for a small band. I know the NH woods better than most. Could I evade a hunting military? That remains to be seen. The drains or the woods, hiding is a very limited time line when the SHTF. The day of fighting back will eventually come if hiding becomes a viable option.
helio

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 10:29:24 PM »

If it ever becomes open season on political dissidents, which I suspect will happen when the currency goes bust, the safest place to hide will be other countries.  The practical demands of getting there is a whole new set of problems though.  Problems I am not likely to overcome.

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 10:37:39 PM »

If it ever becomes open season on political dissidents, which I suspect will happen when the currency goes bust, the safest place to hide will be other countries.  The practical demands of getting there is a whole new set of problems though.  Problems I am not likely to overcome.
Borders are porous. Canada or Mexico, whichever is closer for you. Flying will be almost impossible.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
helio

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 11:07:24 PM »

Borders are porous

Certainly.  I would have to leave before SHTF though, since traveling from Florida to Mexico would be difficult in a shtf scenario.  Although, I hope we have long enough where I can just stay in the Free Republic of New Hampshire when it happens.

David Giessel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 01:52:18 AM »

How about rafting from Florida to Cuba? Will be interesting to see if there is a reverse flux of that sort!

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and thousands around you will be saved." -Seraphim of Sarov

"There is no ideology. There is no guru. There is only us, and this, and the silence." -Mark Manson
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 07:12:44 PM »

Borders are porous

Certainly.  I would have to leave before SHTF though
I think in general, regardless of where you would want to be when shtf, the best situation is to get out beforehand if possible. However, we have the normalcy bias and few people would actually have the nerve to pick up and leave, abandoning their jobs, on the suspicion that it was indeed going through the fan. I think most people, including myself, won't act in time. You need to have supplies to last a month or two and then get moving once the initial panic subsides, assuming you don't live in your ideal place already.

All of this prepping stuff is easier said than done though.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
helio

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »

All of this prepping stuff is easier said than done though.

Yeah, that is the truth.  Although, since I live in a very rural area and there isn't any large population centers within a week's walk, my plan is to simply have enough to wait it out. 

I doubt there will be much of a Golden Horde as I think the majority of people will wait for the government to come help them.  Once it becomes apparent that little help is coming, they'll be too weak to strike out into the countryside, especially if it is the middle of summer or winter.

Biggest danger I see is from local law enforcement going door to door confiscating supplies 'in the name of the law' and maybe some local national guard (the ones who aren't deployed to the metro areas to protect vital government interests), but that should be pretty easy to evade, especially if fuel is in shortage.

Linux

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 06:22:25 PM »

Well, all very interesting. But back to drains. It's a ton of fun. In my neighborhood the pipes are only about four feet tall, but they go all over. It's funny to pop out of a drain and imagine someone in one of the houses see you emerge.

If you use Bitcoins, you should check out this site for earning Bitcoins - when you click my link and sign up I get a referral bonus!
helio

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »

No drains here in the country, although we have culverts, which I would use as a cool road crossing tunnel when I was a kid =)

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 08:42:24 PM »

What purpose do you think the drains would serve if things got really bad? Is it for movement, or hiding?

-MAM
Linux

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 11:38:14 AM »

What purpose do you think the drains would serve if things got really bad? Is it for movement, or hiding?
Both. Although one bummer is when everything gets washed away when it rains, unless you could temporarily plug up a spot in the line so the water would exit a different way.

I find drain exploration a fun recreational sport too. Also a way of defying the state's claim to the drains as off-limit public property.

Linux

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 12:01:18 PM »

No drains here in the country, although we have culverts, which I would use as a cool road crossing tunnel when I was a kid =)

Are you talking about those 6" culverts, or bigger? Because when I lived in the mountains they were always about 6".

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: