Daily Anarchist Forum
August 16, 2022, 02:24:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible new feature for the forums  (Read 4711 times)
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2011, 08:19:30 PM »

Hey, I was wondering...what does everyone on here (particularly one new resident of the geographic area claimed by the thugs calling themselves "New Hampshire") think about adding a marketplace on here, not for goods like the Silk Market does, but for regular, "legal" goods....and if you want to barter for them, or do cash only, or whatever it's your choice...does that sound like a good idea? Meetups could also be posted there too, though it might be a good idea to restrict that so that only forum members with a certain amount of time on this forum, combined with a certain number of posts, could post a meetup. How does that sound?

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 08:23:08 PM »

I haven't made it to New Hampshire yet! We still have a 3,000 mile journey to make, passing through more than a dozen territories claimed by large criminal organizations. Wish us luck!

As for the marketplace. That has been suggested before. But would it really serve a purpose better than Craigslist or ebay? What do you think?

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 08:32:17 PM »

Ah I see. Well than good luck! And yes I think it would because by posting on a marketplace that is based at this forum, you'd be dealing with a smaller community, and the members would be subjected to strong market forces, e.g. If I sell you an ounce of gold, and it turns out to simply be lead, coated with gold, you can tell everyone on here, and people will know I cheated you, and won't buy from me anymore unless I can prove that I believed it was real gold, or can build my reputation back up. That's how things work in the truly free market, and with a small online community it'd would be even more effective. Plus we'd KNOW we were dealing with other anarcho-capitalists/agorists, who would probably be more inclined to bartering or dealing with something other than FRNs

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:39:11 PM »

Alright. I'll think about it. Maybe once we get a little bigger. Right now I'm hesitant to add a board that won't get used. It will make the forum look dead, which is bad.

AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »

Okay

AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 08:42:48 PM »

I just thought of another possible feature for the forum, though it might not be possible...I'm not sure since I have no idea how difficult it'd be to implement...what I was thinking was a chat interface, even if it was only a connection to a shared IRC channel

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 09:28:10 PM »

That is a feature I would definitely like to offer in the future. I haven't looked fully into a self-supported chat room, but I did look into IRC.

IRC is out of the question until our numbers get much larger. It is a considerable effort to maintain an IRC channel. Until our traffic is 10,000 unique visitors per day it is pretty much pointless to even think about it.

But yes, chat will likely be a feature in the future.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: