Daily Anarchist Forum
October 16, 2021, 08:10:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The State as a weapon against itself. Using the power of law for self defense.  (Read 2574 times)
helio

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2010, 05:15:42 AM »

Seth's article on underground insurance motivated me to post this for discussion.  It's a good read and I recommend it at http://dailyanarchist.com/2010/09/15/arrest-insurance/

Something i've been thinking alot about lately is once I decide on a counter economic business activity, there is a giant black hole of uncertainty about what happens if I get caught, how best not get caught, and how to fight a legal defense if I do get caught.

Since agorism is practical anarchy dancing dangerously around state rules, it seems that we need to be very aware of the dance moves available to us.  I'm talking about legal advice.  We need to know what the rules are, so we can be creative at bending them and defending ourselves when we bend too far.  The jungle of rules is so vast, that it seems impossible for an 'agorapreneur' to have the time to start a business AND know the rules.  People spend their entire lives studying how best to navigate the Fiat Ocean and it is a valuable service.

So my question is, do we know of any anarchist lawyers?  It seems anathema to me for an anarchist to want to become a lawyer, but it is vital if we are going to be successful at agorism. If we end up getting caught really easily because we didn't know about some loopholes we could have used to protect ourselves, then we have lost a major battle in the War for Sovereign Independence .  I know there are some libertarian lawyers out there who we might tap like Stephan Kinsella (whom may be an anarchist), but what about full blown anarchists?  I know lawyers are supposed to be impartial, but I don't trust a statist lawyer with my liberty.

Maybe if some enterprising and intelligent agorists just started studying the rules and offering legal services to their fellow anarchists we could meet that need?  Since the rules are so vast, certainly an upstart would have to specialize.  They would have to call themselves something other than lawyer though, so we could invent a word like 'ruleyer' to advertise with because of the Lawyers Guild's rules.  Since would be 'ruleyers' wouldn't be taking a state bar exam, the market would just be open.

"Fire in the head, peace in the heart."  -Samael
setherb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 08:58:18 AM »

Check out Marc Stevens http://www.marcstevens.net/.  He's a anarchist with a vast knowledge of the law.  He has a good book out and a podcast titles The No State Project. 
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 01:17:49 PM »

My attitude is simply that there are so many rules on the books, if they want to come after you, they will, and they'll trump something up if need be. As far as my business is concerned, I feel I should run it as if there is no government, and if I get caught, so be it, somebody else will just pick up the reins. Once one loses the "fear" of being arrested all things are possible.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: