Daily Anarchist Forum
August 20, 2019, 09:29:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: AnCap Flag Review  (Read 20576 times)
David Giessel

View Profile WWW
« on: March 25, 2011, 06:45:07 AM »

So, I got my AnCap/Gadsden flag from Seth in the mail a couple weeks back.

1. It's a quality piece of kit. Should hold up well.
2. It's nice and big :-D
3. I've used it as a table cloth at a few gatherings (with free copies of "Anatomy of the State" scattered about on it) and gotten nothing but good comments about it.

The comments are the most interesting part. "I've never seen a black and yellow Gadsden flag." etc etc. This has turned out to be a great way for me to segway into a discussion about Anarchy as I can inform them that, "It's actually an Anarcho-Capitalist flag with a Gadsden overlay." Soon as you throw out the "A" word people have something to say (usually something negative or confused, but like neuro-lingustic hypnotists say ... "There is no such thing as resistance, only a lack of rapport.") So we can then build some rapport and I can create some massive unbridgeable chasms in their soon to be former belief in the state.

That said, for myself, I'd still like to see a plain black and gold flag. I tend not to like the written word or complex symbolism as both of these have traditionally been hijacked by the state. Of course colors have too, but black and gold is a long ways from red, white, and blue. And of course, as David Icke would say, black is infinite possibility because in black are all colors.

Thanks again Seth!

-David

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and thousands around you will be saved." -Seraphim of Sarov

"There is no ideology. There is no guru. There is only us, and this, and the silence." -Mark Manson
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 06:16:53 PM »

Great review! Glad you're enjoying the flag. I'm working on getting a straight up black and gold too!

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 06:45:08 PM »

Great review! Glad you're enjoying the flag. I'm working on getting a straight up black and gold too!
On the topic of plain black and gold flags, is the picture that goes with the 3'x5' actually a picture of a 2'x3' (unless the bricks in that picture are just GIANT)? even with some measurements, I have a hard time visualizing the 3'x5' because it's just so big.

(yes, I'm still mulling it over, I'm a tightwad)

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:09:27 PM »

The picture of the 3x5 is a 3x5. The bricks are giant. It's a brick wall for our wood burning stove. =)

anarcholino

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 06:36:29 AM »

hi, this Anarcho-Capitalist Flag is awesome, do you plan selling nylon ones? I read it's better if I want to keep it outside (sun, rain etc)

I want to make my house look like an embassy hehe
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 02:06:52 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

No plans to sell Nylon. I really don't like the texture of nylon flags. My flags are 200D polyester, though, so they are perfectly suitable for non-stop outdoor use. I specifically made sure that I got the strength for outdoor use.

randallstevens

FREEDOM!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 04:13:35 AM »

I may eventually hang it outside on a pole above my garage, but the wife may have something to say about that. I like the ancap symbol and have the LRC bumper sticker on my back window with it as well. I've given serious thought to getting a tatoo of it as well. Awesome flag and well worth the price!

Here's the pic:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:08:44 PM by randallstevens » Logged

He doesn't exist, except on paper.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 04:59:10 PM »

Very nice. I see you've tucked the grommets behind the flag. I wonder if I should purchase an order of indoor only flags. They would not have grommets or a sleeve, and they would be made of 100D polyester. It would definitely reduce the cost for people who want indoor only flags for just this purpose. What do you think?

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »

More options for the buyer is usually a good thing, but I'm not sure how much volume you're doing. I plan on getting one for indoor use, but I would like the option of putting it outside, so I would likely still buy the outside one.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 07:10:52 PM »

That's why I'm a little hesitant to order a shipment of indoor flags without grommets.

JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 08:23:40 PM »

My 3'x5' black and yellow ancap flag is great, and exceeded my expectations. You can't get these anywhere else either.

-MAM
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 08:54:04 AM »

Is the AC symbol on both sides of the flag?

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 02:33:30 PM »

Is the AC symbol on both sides of the flag?

Yes, but reversed on one side.

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 02:07:36 PM »

I just got my flag in the mail.  It is a lot lighter than I expected.  It should fly well.  

I just tossed it up there to get a quick picture.  Delivery was fast and it was well packaged too.  Thanks for selling these things Seth.

Edit: Added a pic of one I apparently saved:

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:58:23 AM by Syock » Logged

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 10:49:15 PM »

Glad you like it! Spread the word! I'd love to sell thousands of these!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: