Daily Anarchist Forum
September 26, 2022, 01:38:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Responses to the use of 9/11 to justify the military  (Read 12127 times)
David Giessel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 02:10:49 AM »

In my experience there is a higher concentration of veterans at anti-war rallies than at pro-war ones. And certainly it can be said that the ones at anti-war events are acting on deeply felt beliefs. Many at pro-war events are clearly shattered inside but their uneasiness of their conscience is less than the uneasiness of "turning their back" on the cause. In my mind they are a lost cause at that point. It sounds like this guy has decided to drown out his humanity and embrace his reptilian instincts (thank you David Icke).

"Acquire a peaceful spirit, and thousands around you will be saved." -Seraphim of Sarov

"There is no ideology. There is no guru. There is only us, and this, and the silence." -Mark Manson
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 10:28:37 AM »

What is the solution?
In my mind they are a lost cause at that point.
Exactly. Spend your time on someone else. Even if there are ways to get through to that person, it would be waaaay too hard. There are already people who hold grudges against the guns of the state, go for them.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 01:23:16 PM »

What is the solution?
In my mind they are a lost cause at that point.
Exactly. Spend your time on someone else. Even if there are ways to get through to that person, it would be waaaay too hard. There are already people who hold grudges against the guns of the state, go for them.

Agreed. No use trying to convert the hardest ones first.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 07:55:32 AM »

9/11 justifying the need of a standing army.   That is so illogical right on it's face. 

Did the military prevent 9/11?  Was it a military that attacked on 9/11?  Was it a country?    Does a handful of guys in an airplane cause this to make sense?:

Does it seem moral to be taking that much from US citizens?  What about the morality of all the law enforcement/internal spying on US citizens that is claimed necessary to support the military?  Is giving up the freedom the military supposedly fights for the best way to protect our freedom?  Will the silly reasoning that we were attacked because they hate our freedom still make sense to anyone when we destroy our freedom on our own? 

Might a better/cheaper/faster/less horrific on the lives of Americans and people around the world that got drawn into this response have been a bounty?  Was 9/11 worth what we have done to our economy in order to invade?

Efficiency: 
How long does it take to adequately train soldiers to use military hardware?  The reason single shot rifles beat the bow had nothing to do with firepower or speed.  It was because of simplicity of use.  It doesn't take long to train people to shoot a gun well.  Military reservists are considered adequately trained for war.  They are more like a militia than a standing force.   Could the people in the standing military be more productive as a producer in the economy rather than living off the money of others? 

Are we able to automate national defenses?  There are systems in place around the world for automated anti-personnel, anti-aircraft, anti-missile etc defense.  Do we need a large standing military to... automate them? 

I could probably do this all day.

Freya
Tranarchist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 08:04:52 AM »

Had never thought about it, but automation of the military would further obsolete the state.
bastiat

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 01:15:47 PM »

I would suggest going through all of America’s wars and showing why they were not worth it and then showing how the US has created 9/11 through its meddling in the middle east name the obvious but also include the inevitable civilian casualties that result from stuff like the intervention in Lebanon.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »

I've seen a list of usa's wars before that had only 11 years of peace since the civil war.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: