Daily Anarchist Forum
October 16, 2021, 06:21:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading List  (Read 4489 times)
setherb

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2010, 11:52:58 AM »

After reading Seth's great interview with Walter Block, I had the idea to create a reading list for myself.  I've already read a lot of books by Murry Rothbard, Stefan Molyneux, the Tannehills, Marc Stevens and others on the subject of liberty, anarchy and economics.  The list of books that Mr. Block suggested in Seth's interview was awesome.  I will be adding them to my list.  My questions to all of you on the forum is what other books would you recommend on these subjects?
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 01:27:13 PM »

Stephan Kinsella's Against Intellectual Property

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Intuition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 12:51:38 AM »

For a change of pace from logical/philosophical expositions, perhaps check out A Lodging of Wayfaring Men by Paul Rosenberg. It's a novel that tells an interesting story about a group of people working to build the kind of life/society we're all interested in building. It delves deeply into the logic and psychology involved in the transitional process but does so by telling a story.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 12:54:25 AM »

Maybe I'll do that one of these days. I think it would be interesting to read some anarcho-capitalist fiction. If it's really good, it might help to convert one of my friends who REFUSES to read anything non-fiction. Ridiculous, I know!

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Sima Qian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 12:38:13 PM »

Alongside Night is some anarchist fiction as well.  I'd highly recommend it. http://www.pulpless.com/alongsidenight/index.html

I don't know if it would work for converting statists, though.  It might come off as another book about some distopia rather than a path to anarchy and a call to action.
Rattlesnake

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »

If we're talking about fiction, you can't do better than "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" or "The Unincorporated Man."

Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito.

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
randallstevens

FREEDOM!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »

I'm working on The Machinery of Freedom by David Friedman right now. It's pretty good so far.

He doesn't exist, except on paper.
setherb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 09:43:39 AM »

Book list from Ron Paul's forum.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1364298#post1364298
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 08:37:43 PM »

This is great for seeing free market banking in action, different ways gold has been used, and history of currency in the USA, which allows you to see patterns in the future.  That includes previous hyperinflation and currency collapse.

http://mises.org/books/historyofmoney.pdf
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:52:03 PM by Syock » Logged

Will

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 11:38:27 PM »

I'm working on The Machinery of Freedom by David Friedman right now. It's pretty good so far.

I second this, I think it might be a good "conversion" tool because of the way he leads into anarchism slowly, not totally putting off the statists right from the start.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: