Daily Anarchist Forum
February 01, 2023, 08:31:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal and art lovers read here!  (Read 2773 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »

I've got a special opportunity I would like to offer to my valued forum readers.

The forum is an underutilized part of The Daily Anarchist but it does have frequent readers. I would like to extend my thanks to my forum readers by offering them a special deal that I am not offering anybody else.

My wife is a nurse by profession, but she is also a talented artist. It just so happens, however, that she has all of next week off of work. This means she will have a nine day stretch of nothing to do. August 28th to September 5th. What she would like to do is paint and also make some money.

Normally she would sell her paintings for several hundred dollars. But since she has been focusing on her nursing career and not her artistic career, her self-promotion is so low that she doesn't have anybody lined up. This is where you come in.

I will be starting an auction for one of her paintings. She specializes in pet and wildlife portraits and her work can be seen at friendsoncanvas.net

The end date for the auction is this Friday August 27 at 8:00 PM Pacific. I am not going to tell anybody else about this. It's not going at the front page of the website(This is different from the raffle I just posted). It's not going on our Facebook page. I'm not telling any of my friends or family. I am only posting it here. You're welcome to tell your friends or family about this auction if you'd like, although I'd advise against it if you're bidding on it yourself. I do suggest telling your family and friends about it if you think they would be interested as it will help to boost the popularity of the forum and might help spread the message in a tactful way to those close to you.

The rules are this. The bidding starts at $50. If any bids are made within 5 minutes of 8:00PM Friday evening, the end time gets pushed back 10 minutes to allow for rebidding. This process continues until no more bids are made within the last 5 minutes of closing time. Once bidding time closes the winner will have 24 hours to paypal payment to elkingrey@yahoo.com as well as send pictures of the animal to be painted. Painting will take several weeks to complete.

All bidding and all questions are to be done on this thread. I have one last thing to say. These paintings make great gifts, especially to animal lovers. There is no reserve on this painting. The winner will likely be getting an excellent value for their money as one cannot buy a print at their local superstore without spending $50 nowadays. Good luck to the winner and thank you for spending time on The Daily Anarchist Forum!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:10:17 PM by Seth King » Logged

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »

Well, nobody bid. I'm not sure whether that's a worse indictment against my wife's art or the fact that I have too few people visiting my site. Either way, there's room for improvement!

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: