Daily Anarchist Forum
December 14, 2018, 07:53:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Assassination market coming to life  (Read 7240 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:51:40 PM »

This should be fun to watch:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2013/11/18/meet-the-assassination-market-creator-whos-crowdfunding-murder-with-bitcoins/

I never spend time on Tor anymore. Kind of got tired of having to download Tor Browser  updates all the time. Prefer i2p anyways, since I think it's a better system. So, if you can find the link to this assassination market, hook  us up, or if you're too afraid to post a link to it, email or bitmessage me and I'll do it.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 10:15:46 PM »

My god! Our mighty government officials have bounties on their heads??? What's next, citizens applying self defense to the police? I don't know you guys, this whole anarchy thing is going a little too far.

EDIT: going spelunking in TOR for the first time in a while for ya seth
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:17:36 PM by victim77 » Logged
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 10:50:45 PM »

http://assmkedzgorodn7o.onion

There's the address.

There's something about the site I found comical. I don't know. I think the proprietor has a sense of humor.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. I mean, it would take some HUGE bounties before anyone is ever going to commit a high scale assassination. And in that time, who's to say the site owner won't just abscond with all of the bitcoins? Nobody, I guess. Going to take a lot of trust.

Obviously, I don't think it's a long term solution. It's too centralized. Even if the site owner is honest, it's only a matter of time before the feds get him. Of course, there could always be assassination market 2.0, just like Silk Road 2.0. But it'll be interesting, because it could be a long time, if ever, before an assassination actually happens.

Right now the names up there are really big. Maybe if some smaller peons get picked off, like the UC Davis cop or something, then it will gain big time news.

I don't understand why the guy used a bitmessage.ch address. That doesn't seem anywhere near as safe as using a straight up bitmessage address, although I am happy to see bitmessage starting to take over where tormail left off. Bitmessage is definitely the future of internet mail, in my opinion.

Lastly, I think a lot of people are going to be debating over whether or not this is a "good" thing. But I think how we feel about it is largely irrelevant. It's happening. It's only going to get more advanced, and it's a total game changer. 

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 02:02:38 AM »

As...intriguing as this problem is there are two problems I can think of regarding what this guy did, one is purely practical, the other...while still practical, is also an issue regarding "strategy". The second mentioned problem is that this does not in any way shape or form help the reputation of libertarianism in general and anarchism in particular. It is going to strengthen the mindset most people have that anarchists are a bunch of crazy nihilists that want chaos, destruction, and blood running in the streets, and that even if that's not what they want, that's what will happen in an anarchy. Convincing people otherwise was already hard enough...this just made it even harder. I do agree it was inevitable but...it might have been better if "inevitable" came about later in this case...

The other problem, that is purely practical, is how people claim they fulfilled the contract, that they killed the target. Since 1, what if two people who are not working together, put the same date of death, in, and one of them claims it...it's quite possible and it is a potential snag. The other issue is, what if the assassin decides the easiest possibility is poison....there are a lot of poisons that won't kill within a day...and the actual time it may take to kill target can vary. Botulin for example usually takes about a week IIRC, butt the exact day of death is hard to narrow down.

Those two issues aside it IS an intriguing development. I doubt I'll ever make use of it though...either as an assassin or a donor to a bounty on some target.

Krantz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 05:53:39 AM »

This reminds me that Hans Hoppe once described a process of political elections a "competition in bads" - the "most bad" wins; so only because there exists competition (or market) somewhere doesn't mean its worth applauding. Death sentence for killing is perfectly fine for me, but if we talk about eavesdropping a conversation - or stealing your money - it becomes highly problematic. If we go this route then every US citizen takes part in this mass tax money robbery if only he uses some gov services (like "public" school for his children).

Anyway, another thing that comes to my mind is a "It is worse than a crime; it is a mistake" saying. I'm fairly convinced that just picking up individual government officials will only make them stronger even if thousands are killed, because for every vacant position there will be many new contenders which will demand even better protection - which will easily be given to them along with even more overall state oppression (and this will NOT result in a mass revolt - just like it is simply impossible to revolt for people in North Korea). Btw. leftist "anarchists" tried this assassination route extensively few decades ago, and they were not much more than a small nuisance for a state institution.
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 12:02:08 PM »

Btw. leftist "anarchists" tried this assassination route extensively few decades ago, and they were not much more than a small nuisance for a state institution.

It works for Transitional Criminal Organizations (TCOs) known commonly as Drug Cartels.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 02:15:56 PM »

Btw. leftist "anarchists" tried this assassination route extensively few decades ago, and they were not much more than a small nuisance for a state institution.

It works for Transitional Criminal Organizations (TCOs) known commonly as Drug Cartels.

What makes them transitional?  Also, why am I now thinking of having a taco for dinner?

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 09:04:12 PM »

What makes them transitional?  Also, why am I now thinking of having a taco for dinner?

Do to increased border security the cartels are having to transition from drugs into other markets notably human trafficking.

A Cartel is a group of businesses that work together to regulate their market. The Federal Reserve is a banking cartel however the Drug cartels are not cartel's. I don't know why people call them that.

Another name for them could be Transnational Criminal Organizations since they operate on 6 continents.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:08:38 PM by MAM » Logged

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Victor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 01:59:23 PM »

I think this is basically Propaganda of the Deed? I agree with Krantz, new people will just take their place and won't be any better.

Interesting to watch though.

Also:

My god! Our mighty government officials have bounties on their heads??? What's next, citizens applying self defense to the police? I don't know you guys, this whole anarchy thing is going a little too far.

EDIT: going spelunking in TOR for the first time in a while for ya seth

While I haven't investigated the following story to fact-check, this has supposedly already occurred in Mexico.

On Monday March 25th volunteer community forces took control of a town on a highway in the state of Guerrero, Mexico. Numbering in the hundreds, they arrested local police officers and searched homes after one of their leaders was killed.

Edit: Another article about the assassination market on c4ss.org
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:11:27 PM by Victor » Logged

'To be happy, stay hidden.'
~Yopie, quoted in Under Paris by Neil Shea and Stephen Alvarez.
My Bitmessage Address: BM-NBofBs1WsHq4Z1MsS9CFEhistf8kLBy9
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 02:04:57 AM »

A Cartel is a group of businesses that work together to regulate their market. The Federal Reserve is a banking cartel however the Drug cartels are not cartel's. I don't know why people call them that.
More than one person in the gang gets to sell. They cooperate to become the sole suppliers. If you bring anything to market without the permission of the gang, you can get attacked. What happened to Kuwait when they overproduced?

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
johneden123

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 05:17:45 AM »

It is because at one point they were an actual cartel, way back in the 1970s or 80s. The cartel collapsed and all of the organizations that made up the cartel just became known as the cartels. I guess it made it easier to identify them.
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 05:12:50 AM »

While I haven't investigated the following story to fact-check,

I don't know about your particular story but in Guerrero Community Police (militias under civillian control) have resisted both the State and the Drug cartels. Also autodefense groups have sprung up to combat the cartels.

The difference between the Policia Comunitaria and grupos de las autodefensas is about accountability and the chain of command. Community Police have civilians in the chain of command whilst a self defense group's chain is autonomous.

EDIT: They've even held people on trail, and executed them including a corrupt federale. I might be able to do some digging and find some stories about it if you're interested in it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:15:27 AM by MAM » Logged

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 08:39:24 AM »

Few if any will probably notice this but I just wanted to point about that apparently the Assassination Market is down. While I doubt anyone on here would take advantage of it, I still figured it should be mentioned.

Victor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 01:50:33 PM »

While I haven't investigated the following story to fact-check,

I don't know about your particular story but in Guerrero Community Police (militias under civillian control) have resisted both the State and the Drug cartels. Also autodefense groups have sprung up to combat the cartels.

The difference between the Policia Comunitaria and grupos de las autodefensas is about accountability and the chain of command. Community Police have civilians in the chain of command whilst a self defense group's chain is autonomous.

EDIT: They've even held people on trail, and executed them including a corrupt federale. I might be able to do some digging and find some stories about it if you're interested in it.

Yes, I would find those stories very interesting!

Edit: Just realized your reply was a year old. I'd still find those stories interesting if you have links though.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:52:40 PM by Victor » Logged

'To be happy, stay hidden.'
~Yopie, quoted in Under Paris by Neil Shea and Stephen Alvarez.
My Bitmessage Address: BM-NBofBs1WsHq4Z1MsS9CFEhistf8kLBy9
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 11:38:11 AM »

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/mexico/2013-06-11/rise-mexico-s-self-defense-forces

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: