Daily Anarchist Forum
December 15, 2018, 11:35:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Been a minute, how's life?  (Read 10517 times)
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2015, 11:12:03 AM »

It's been a while since I've come around here, how's everyone doing?

I've been working, I went back to school and am an EMT-B National Registered, and I'm almost 100K words into my novel, I'm engaged and overall life is looking up.

I've gravitated to a moral nihilist position and dropped deontology in favour of a consequentialist approach. The goals haven't changed my emphasis on objective ethics has.

I think I'm going to start writing articles again.

So that's what's going on in the life and times of MAM!

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
macsnafu

Situation Normal--all fouled up!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 03:57:29 PM »

My devolution into hermitage proceeds apace.  I've been working at home for a few years now, my girlfriend and I broke up over a year ago, and I'm torrenting most of my entertainment, exploring various histories of ebooks, comics, and old TV shows/movies.  DC Comic produced some really good comics back in the 1950s, and many EC comics are really good (not just the better-known ones like Weird Science and Tales From The Crypt, but also the New Direction comics like Impact or Extra!). 

I probably ought to be more physically and socially active, but right now, I can't seem to muster the effort.

"I love mankind.  It's people I can't stand!"
Victor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 07:55:43 PM »

I have gravitated pretty close to a moral nihilist position too. I find it interesting to hear that we've both ended up there.

I have moved, gotten a stable job, and I'm working through reading my now enormous collection of nonfiction books. I still deal with depression, (who doesn't these days?,) but I have finally gotten around to doing something about it, seeing a doctor and such.

I kinda miss this site and the people here. I notice the blog hasn't been updated in a really long time, anyone know what happened to that? Do any of the people who used to frequent this forum still stop by to check in at all? I haven't been here in a while because I had my password hidden away behind two layers of encryption on a computer I stopped using, and I started using Internet mostly through my phone, and had some trouble getting tor working on my phone til recently. But I'd like to at least see the blog start receiving new updates again.

Are you still around Seth? I heard the free state project got its required number of signatures to trigger the move. Are you excited about that, if you're still here?

'To be happy, stay hidden.'
~Yopie, quoted in Under Paris by Neil Shea and Stephen Alvarez.
My Bitmessage Address: BM-NBofBs1WsHq4Z1MsS9CFEhistf8kLBy9
RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 07:18:47 AM »

It seems like forever since I was active on this forum mostly in late 2012 I believe, and in light of the lack of new article posts it's interesting a thread exists that asks the same question I have  Wink

Hope Seth drops by again soon! Would love to get back in touch with him.

-

My past and current status boils down to the following:

1. I got REALLY involved with the Defcad forums for Cody Wilson's Defense Distributed project throughout the first four or five months of 2013. The work they've done has really opened my eyes to how innovation can influence government policy rather than the other way around.

Currently Cody is in a lawsuit with the State Department over the release of additional CAD files; follow his twitter account and check this link for details.

2. Part of why I didn't spend as much time on this forum is I think due to the fact that I started spending a ton of time on Twitter. Maybe more than I've needed to...

3. The entire debate over nature/nurture matters caught my attention when I finally got around to reading a controversial bestseller by Charles Murray (I need not say more), and a documentary series that blew my mind, among many other things.

I'm now convinced that social science needs to be based more on... Science. And currently it's anything but.

4. The war on political correctness has exploded to the point where I don't even feel much of a need to take part in it. Yeah, I watched in amazement at how the Gamergate controversy exploded, and how Milo Yiannopoulos went from being some obscure guy who did a book review of "A Troublesome Inheritance" (which is how I found out who he even was) to an anti-PC internet sensation of sorts.

I'm not to keen on this Alt-right bullshit though...

5. I've had a Liberty.me account for a while now, but only recently have I gotten around to using it nearly everyday, and YES it's well worth the $5/month cost!

For over half a decade now I've been gathering notes for a book in the works (content outline here) and wanted to get feedback for some of the points I want to challenge readers to falsify, and already the members on that site have given amazing nuances on even simple topics, such as what the law of supply and demand really implies.

Overall, that's my current status today. Work has been fine, and I'm now putting regular time into working on State Exempt (the book).

Liberty.me is my new go-to community for now, and for what it's worth "STATEEXEMPT" will get you a discount upon signing up. For barely $0.15/day, it's more than worth the cost.

Anything else anyone's up to?  Smiley

stateexempt.com - The book should be done by early 2015

Privatize + Legalize + Decentralize
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: