Daily Anarchist Forum
December 17, 2018, 10:08:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Day to Day  (Read 4239 times)
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »

What does the Day to Day life of your anarchism look like in your mind.

There are common problems that we've all heard about (some of the issues are legit) what proposed solutions do you prefer.

Thanks for your time.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 10:13:54 PM »

What do you mean? The day to day in a world of statism? Or the day to day in the world post statism?

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 12:22:28 AM »

What do you mean? The day to day in a world of statism? Or the day to day in the world post statism?

Post Statism:

How do you handle law, what are traffic laws (do they even exist), what solution(s) to think will prevail/be dominant or whatevs for military, police etc... How are down trodden poor and destitute handled? What about water/ Rivers etc... Are their national parks? Are the roads all Toll.

Been thinking alot about what I believe lately. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking. Strategy wise how do we transition from one to the other? What are the institutions on the otherside going to look like?

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 02:48:35 AM »

I think, ultimately, we have to build things from scratch. But it's going to be done while the state still exists. So, it's not going to happen that all of a sudden the state disappears and then voluntaryism reigns.

For example, Bitcoin is the new money of voluntaryism. Next, there will be things like Open Bazaar, a free-market in trade. Next we'll need real property with smart contracts. Eventually, we'll need to be able to defend said property, in which come a free market in defense. Not sure how that will look, but I wouldn't be surprised if it started off as detectives and assassins, only later followed by armed guards that can compete with the state and not have to worry about getting taken out.

Eventually, as time goes on, the state will lose relevance and the free market will reign, and most people won't even be able to see the revolution that took place because it will have been gradual, bit by bit.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
ff42

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 06:41:49 PM »

An interesting, to me, thought experiment, on this can be read at: On the Steppes of Central Asia http://anarchism.net/steppes.htm
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 04:16:37 AM »

Eventually, we'll need to be able to defend said property, in which come a free market in defense.

BE ADIVISED: The following is an issue of the life and times of MAM, and my thoughts on Emergency Services. It could be considered rantish and or boring... IDK

So at one point in my life I volunteered at the local fire dept, I learned a few things. Like good help is hard to find, and internal politics can be a bitch. The fire dept was an all volunteer out fit with only the Chief and his captain being paid positions (tax funded). The FD provided both medical and fire needs to the area. Most of the FDs out here are volunteer ABQ being an exception.

So in the FD there is the ambulance to consider which is like a 40K vehicle plus the meds etc... Then there's the brush trucks which is probaly a 20K vehicle when you put the tank and pump on maybe more. Plus the Tankers, and the Engines and the building and the protective fire gear and the radio equipment and blah blah blah blah.... It's very expensive and it's not something folk need all the time so they might not be inclined to foot the bill.

So we need to think socially for a minute to solve this problem. Go Community oriented, it starts with the individual. As we know the individual is basic unit. The foundation of society. Society being desired because it improves the strategic position of the individual.

People need to think and take steps to protect themselves. They need to be responsible for their safety and the safety of their team. In my case my team is my immediate family and a close nit group of friends. I'm leaning towards favouring clan and tribe organization scheme. Where I take responsibility for my safety, my clan's safety and by looking out for myself I can assist others when a big storm hits. Mutual Aid is a factor of evolution. Kropotkin makes a great case imo. Anyway I'm looking to get more medical training (when I was on the fire dept I did more fire stuff than med stuff) and getting exp as an EMT, and just getting training in general. A responsible human being should be trained to do lots of things imo. But it all starts with self empowerment.

So we help ourselves the help our communities, and maybe organize in smaller bands, and a federation of such bands. We train our Emergency Services folk to be able to respond as a flexible unit. And have lots of community training for non members to take part in. That could be a way for the emergency service to get funding by having fees for seminars or something.

Ultimately I feel like personal responsibility is going to be the key for a successful anarchy.

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 08:11:05 AM »

Ultimately I feel like personal responsibility is going to be the key for a successful anarchy.

Personal responsibility comes in many forms.  Someone doesn't need to know how to fight fires, be an EMT or carry a weapon to fight crime to be responsible.  If someone chooses to do those things, great.  As you pointed out though, they are not every day needs for every person.  That is why people started to specialize their skills long ago.  It is more efficient to buy goods and services from those that specialize in the skills that make better goods and services, than for example you to try to build your own fire truck to go fight fires with.  The person growing rubber trees in the south pacific is being just as responsible by providing for their needs through their skills, as the firefighter riding the truck with wheels using rubber the person in the south pacific grew.  Expecting those that specialize in fighting fires, or providing medical care, or security to provide their services, in exchange for something of course, is not irresponsible.  

It seems like your concern had a lot to do with the cost of the firefighting, in both equipment and peoples time.  There is no reason why this has to be some oddly unique situation where people volunteer, do it themselves, or burn.  A subscription and/or one time fee for services would make sense.  It could also be covered by insurance companies.  

I heard a news story a few years back of a volunteer fire company allowing a guys house to burn down because he didn't donate to them, even after the guy offered thousands up front for them to put out the fire.  That is just childish behavior on the part of the fire company.  If fire services were in a free market, it would never have happened.  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:33:34 AM by Syock » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: