Daily Anarchist Forum
February 01, 2023, 08:23:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The political assent to anarcho-capitalism  (Read 4624 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2010, 02:36:43 PM »

This is a really funny little blog on LRC I found just now. It's simply all of these people who say it took two years for them to convert to anarcho-capitalism. I couldn't find that more funny if I tried. The other day I was talking to my mother, who has really become addicted to LRC over the last couple of months. I told her it took me two years of reading LRC every day(finalized with a couple of stellar books) before I turned AnCap.

Seriously, two years seems to be the magic number. Hopefully this site will help speed that process up and help convert more people as well. The moral of the story is, visit LRC and the DA every day.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/63448.html

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Intuition

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:17:56 AM »

Yep, LOL, two years sounds about right. Ron Paul's campaign was the first time I ever found a reason to care about politics and it led me to the liberty movement in general. I was a minarchist for about 18 months, but I can remember that I continually tested the waters of anarchist theory. It wasn't until late last year that I became resolved in my commitment to the AnCap philosophy. The tipping points for me, I think, included finding Rothbard's work on mises.org, Spooner's "No Treason", and Stefan Molyneux's youtubes on the State.
Sima Qian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 06:42:30 PM »

I remember going to LRC after a guy on the RP campaign recommended it and not reading the secessionist articles because they were too "radical." Haha,  That was about two years ago.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 08:33:16 PM »

I remember when I first went to LRC I saw the motto "Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market" and I thought to myself, "okay, they must mean like anti big-government, but not anti-government altogether, that would be crazy."

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: