Daily Anarchist Forum
October 21, 2019, 06:17:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arguments for Capitalism  (Read 3042 times)
cookie1608
« on: August 17, 2014, 10:53:10 AM »

Hi guys,
As I've stated in several blogs I am still undecided on which economic system I think would be the fairest and most effective
So I was wondering if some capitalists could tell me why capitalism is the best system, any other economic ideals welcome, its just from what I understand the majority of users on this blog are ancap.
Cheers
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »

Have you read any of the books that have been recommended to you?

There's nothing we're going to do or say that's going to make your mind up for you.

It takes a lot of time and effort on your part to have a deep understanding of these topics.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
cookie1608
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 11:59:15 AM »

I've read books, watched videos, checked out links and this is just for the purpose of seeing other people's opinions and ideas not really for my benefit. It's just so I can see what other people think and let other people talk about their views, not to persuade me to join them.
rothbardgroupie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 01:04:29 PM »

Some times it's useful to think in terms of consequences.  What are some consequences associated with following lib ertarian grundnorms?  Some consequences that come to mind are peace, cooperation, conflict avoidance, and utility maximization through voluntary exchange and the division of labor.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »

Hi guys, As I've stated in several blogs I am still undecided on which economic system I think would be the fairest and most effective So I was wondering if some capitalists could tell me why capitalism is the best system, any other economic ideals welcome, its just from what I understand the majority of users on this blog are ancap.
Cheers

Capitalism is simply what people do.  An attempt to stop it requires forcing people to do what you say.  When you do that you are no longer looking at a free society. 

cookie1608
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 03:02:30 PM »

Ok, well a lot of people I know that are anti ancap say that without government regulation on trade, the world would be run by corporations because there would be no regulations limiting their growth and influence.
 How would you guys reply to that?
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 03:19:49 PM »

Ok, well a lot of people I know that are anti ancap say that without government regulation on trade, the world would be run by corporations because there would be no regulations limiting their growth and influence.
 How would you guys reply to that?

Corporations subsidize huge costs to the public.  Many also gain their power and influence due to the government either paying them, and/or regulating away their competitors. 

As others have said, this is all written about elsewhere in great detail.  These are old worn out questions. 

ff42

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »

Hi guys,
As I've stated in several blogs I am still undecided on which economic system I think would be the fairest and most effective
So I was wondering if some capitalists could tell me why capitalism is the best system, any other economic ideals welcome, its just from what I understand the majority of users on this blog are ancap.
Cheers

I have a computer (my capital).  I wrote a program and sold it in a voluntary transaction therefore  I am a capitalist. 

If you want effective turn the world over to a dictator/king.  If you want fair rid the world of initiated force.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 03:43:37 PM »

I have a computer (my capital).  I wrote a program and sold it in a voluntary transaction therefore  I am a capitalist. 

If you want effective turn the world over to a dictator/king.  If you want fair rid the world of initiated force.

I've never found the dictator/king to equate to effective.  It is effective for the dictator, but less so for everyone else. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: