Daily Anarchist Forum
September 24, 2018, 03:05:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dish Network will soon accept Bitcoins  (Read 2171 times)
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2014, 02:31:30 PM »

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/dish-network-to-accept-bitcoin/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Disengage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 06:30:04 PM »

Once again, the "you can't do anything with it" shills have another opportunity to go eat a fat bag of roasted [censored].

This is huge news.  Not "huge" as in expect a massive price spike like some people are saying.   That won't happen; not because of this.    But it is "huge" in that the more businesses accept BTC... and the bigger those businesses are... the more the legitimacy the currency has.  I mean the good kind of legitimacy... the kind that comes from popular opinion, not the kind that originates in government fiat.    So perhaps "legitimacy" isn't the right word.   Whatever; you folks know what I mean.   This is good for the medium to long-term health of bitcoin.   

For DishNetwork, it's probably a non-issue.   I don't see anyone changing satellite providers over this, so they won't gain (m)any new clients.   They'll save some money in fees, but there probably aren't enough bitcoin users who are already clients to make a noticeable impact in that area.   Yet.   If they keep accepting bitcoin, though they'll see the benefits as the user base grows.

For Coinbase this is massive.  Don't screw it up, guys.   

ff42

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 08:57:59 PM »

I believe for a 'public' win that this method of payment, for the average Joe, must (eventually) be cheaper and easier than the current method, which on average is probably a monthly deduction from checking.

Unless the company gets a big enough profit (from avoiding bank charges?) from BTC and passes it along to the public I see little incentive for Joe to change.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: