Daily Anarchist Forum
May 06, 2021, 11:24:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Resource Base Economics  (Read 9125 times)
The_Kid

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2014, 04:06:11 PM »

A few months back I informed via the forum you guys about running for local office. So, over the last few months I have been knocking on doors and meeting people. Yesterday was the first time I have been challenged directly for being an Anarcho-Capitalist however it's not like I preach its message to everyone since I have to put on my Republican face in order to get elected, don't judge.

The gentleman I met was a neighbor of the house I was visiting and upon walking away from the house politely asked what I was doing (I was wearing a T-shirt for another campaign I was combining with mine so he knew). He then proceeded to ask me why I want to be part of the system that only corrupts and believe in a system that supports thieves? I told him what I really supported and, without going over 2 hours of conversation on this forum, told him that the only way to get to true Freedom either Resource based or Free Market Capitalism we have to shrink the government. The arguments over theories is premature because at the rate we are going government will continue to strip our rights away. I also added that he supports Communism which he said he didnt but then defended it saying "True communism has never been tried" and he also supports the abolishment of money. I also told him that his Anti-Capitalistic company he fully supports "Venus Project" was a FOR-PROFIT company and his arguments are hypocritical.

I'm going to speak with him again and was wondering if anyone had any insight into Resource Based Economics that you could share?
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 04:24:02 PM »

I'm going to speak with him again and was wondering if anyone had any insight into Resource Based Economics that you could share?

From what I have seen on this forum, the concept is that money is bad for people.  They get around it through barter.  Some seem to recognize that the reason money is bad is because government messes with it, essentially impoverishing those that are already poor.  Others seem to look at is as a moral thing and refuse all rational response.  Those that recognize the connection to government might be fans of bitcoin, if they are willing to learn about it.

Good luck, hopefully others will give their resource based two cents.

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 05:24:04 PM »

RBEs don't make sense to me. Maybe I'm not smart enough who knows.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
r3VOLutionRefugee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »

After listening to the Molyneaux / Peter Joseph debate and hearing about the RBE from the horse's mouth, I have no idea what they're talking about.  It is simply nonsense. 

I do find this story quite amusing though.  An ancap running as a Republican trying to get an ancom's vote.
The_Kid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 10:19:41 PM »

Yea, not to many AnCaps in Maryland LOL. There are 20 of 35K registered voters in my county (rural) and most of them just want a fresh face to the party. So, I don't have to go all Rothbard on them just stick to key points. The gentleman also stated that he didn't want to eliminate government and didn't believe in using force on people. So, I asked him without taking the government by the barrel of a gun how he intended to push through his ideology? He didn't know so I simply told him that the only thing he can do is vote in the right guy. Unfortunately, it sucks but what we have to shrink the government somehow, someway.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »

Which office/county are you running for?

The_Kid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 10:53:45 PM »

Republican Central Committee

I have not finished my degree in Criminal Justice so without any degree running for anything higher would be a waste of time. Our job is to weed out bad (R) candidates and get the right ones elected. More of a glorified volunteer, we just work for the party.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 11:00:03 PM »

So if someone wanted to vote for you, it would be in the primary (R) only election?

The_Kid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 04:26:50 PM »

Yes, we get elected through Primary.
The_Kid

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 06:03:08 PM »

Care to comment about this statement to maybe give you some insight on RBEs

"War, poverty, corruption, hunger, misery, and human suffering will not change in a monetary system that is will be a very minimum significant change. It's going to take the re-design of our culture's values and has to be related to the caring capacity of the earth not some human opinion or some politicians notions of the way the world ought to be or some religions notions of the conduct of human affairs"
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2014, 06:30:11 PM »

Care to comment about this statement to maybe give you some insight on RBEs

"War, poverty, corruption, hunger, misery, and human suffering will not change in a monetary system that is will be a very minimum significant change. It's going to take the re-design of our culture's values and has to be related to the caring capacity of the earth not some human opinion or some politicians notions of the way the world ought to be or some religions notions of the conduct of human affairs"

That is the one that takes it as a moral stance, and are about as logical as those advocating the world is run by lizards.

ff42

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 07:20:19 PM »

I've read that it's not the love of money that is the root of all evil, but the love for the unearned (paycheck, love, respect, etc.) which is the true evil.

I don't understand peoples 'hatred' of money, it is only a tool, another form of barter.  Tools, in my  book , aren't evil, but can be used by those willing to break the NAP to harm others,  tools can also be used by those that keep the NAP to benefit others.   

Let's go after the aggressors, not 'ban' their (and our) tools.
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 08:12:43 PM »

I've read that it's not the love of money that is the root of all evil, but the love for the unearned (paycheck, love, respect, etc.) which is the true evil.

I don't understand peoples 'hatred' of money, it is only a tool, another form of barter.  Tools, in my  book , aren't evil, but can be used by those willing to break the NAP to harm others,  tools can also be used by those that keep the NAP to benefit others.   

Let's go after the aggressors, not 'ban' their (and our) tools.

Their hatred of money stems from the fact that it's not just a tool to them. To them it is THE tool of Power to control peons.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
anarchoguitarist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 09:48:41 PM »

From what I have seen on this forum, the concept is that money is bad for people.  They get around it through barter.

According to my understanding, those who believe in a RBE don't just reject money, they reject the market as well, meaning that they reject barter.  In fact they reject private ownership.  They want all the resources in the world to be put together and distributed through a central computer which will decide what is the most efficient use of those resources. They never define how efficiency will be determined.  In a market system prices allocate resources to the most efficient uses automatically.  In the RBE, the arbitrary decision of a computer programmer or central agency decides what is efficient.

RBE people and Peter Joseph also say ridiculous things like "the market system creates scarcity."  What a bunch of nonsense.  Scarcity is the natural state of man in nature.  Scarcity is the lack of goods.  The market produces goods and reduces scarcity.  If the RBE people succeed in abolishing the market, we will really see what scarcity looks like.  They don't or can't even understand a basic concept like scarcity, their economics are hopelessly utopian and childish.

Peter Joseph makes money through day trading on the market as he has admitted in interviews.  Instead of showing his followers how to make a decent living through the market as he does, he teaches them this utopian filth that will cause the death of millions if it were ever implemented on a large scale.  Most followers of the RBE oppose setting up an RBE community somewhere.  They do this because they think it would only work on a global scale, not for an individual community.  The truth is that it would work for neither.  This is why you never will see a RBE community somewhere.  It will be a dismal failure just like all of the communist nonsense throughout history.  They don't want to try it unless they can force it on everyone.
The_Kid

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 05:30:18 PM »

Thank you all for responding. I will use this in my next discussion with him on Thursday and fill you guys in on what he said to me...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: