Daily Anarchist Forum
October 27, 2020, 07:22:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Debunking Debunkosaurus  (Read 7067 times)
Mr.Mister

True Capitalism is a Hellish road to Heaven

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2014, 12:22:22 AM »

Let's see if anyone here is willing to deliver an intelligent response to this video

I know ancap videos belong in the videos section, but I believe that this fits equally well in challenges, so please forgive me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjuvofzOoIM
anarchoguitarist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 03:21:33 AM »

This video doesn't even deserve a response because it misrepresents "Ancap" ideas in the very first sentence.  The video says that we will all be "forced" to obey private DRO's.  After that false statement the video goes on to say that our system where politicians are bought is just like an ancap society.  This ignores the fact that under our current system when a politician is bought "winner takes all."  Those who vote for losing candidates do not get represented at all.  However in an ancap society, those who "vote" for a different DRO will still be represented by them since there is no over-arching monopolistic institution (i.e. the state).  Whoever made this video should at least attempt to understand and state Ancap ideas correctly before he attempts to "debunk" them.
Mr.Mister

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 10:18:14 PM »

Nice Response  Grin, but could you address the part where he talks about how consumers wouldn't boycott violent companies just as long as they keep prices low? Thanks! (if you do)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:20:28 PM by Mr.Mister » Logged
anarchoguitarist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 09:17:02 PM »

Nice Response  Grin, but could you address the part where he talks about how consumers wouldn't boycott violent companies just as long as they keep prices low? Thanks! (if you do)

Sorry, I didn't get that far into the video Smiley Since it started off by misrepresenting Ancap ideas, why would I waste my time watching it? (I still didn't watch the whole thing btw)  But why wouldn't people boycott violent companies?  Does the author of that video really think that a company wouldn't lose business if it engaged in violence?  I would think that anyone on the receiving end of any aggression from a company would boycott that company.  Also, the friends and family members of those victims would avoid that company. Also, anyone who disagrees with the initiation of force (which would have to be a large segment of an ancap society) would tend to avoid that company as well. Even if a violent DRO has the lowest prices it doesn't matter. If I could only afford the cheapest security company, and that security company was violent, I would go without security services.  Its not like everyone needs to be affiliated with a security company in an anarchist society.  Many would just go without those services.

Also, I would think that a company that engaged in violence would not have its own rights respected by others in an ancap society. If a company's policy included violence and aggression, that company could not expect to bring others to court when they retaliate and inflict damage on the company.  How long would a company stay in business when a large portion of society thought that there is nothing wrong with damaging that company's property?  How many people would even want to work for a company that was in danger of being attacked and retaliated against at all times?  I know I wouldn't.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:20:05 PM by anarchoguitarist » Logged
Mr.Mister

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 09:39:10 PM »

Video = debunked. Good job, anarcho guitarist. I like posting in the challenges to anarcho capitalism section because I always know that there are smart people like you who can make effective responses whenever our opposition tries to "debunk" our philosophy.

In short, thanks for restoring the IQ points I lost to this video.  Grin

I hope I'm not bugging anyone with these posts, though...
anarchoguitarist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 10:05:04 PM »

You are welcome Mister, I'm glad I could help.

I don't think people are bugged by videos like the one you posted.  Though maybe they have already seen similar videos and have refuted them in the past. So they don't want to spend their time responding to them again.  I don't mind responding when I'm in the right mood for it. Smiley  Have a good night!
Whiterose1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 06:56:38 AM »

Actually you did disadvantage me by gaining the reloading set.  Before you had it we both had to buy ammunition from the store.  After you got the reloading set you can reload your ammo and save money because you don't have to buy it from the store anymore.  However, I still have to buy ammo from the store.  So by getting the reloading set you have widened the rich/poor gap between us.  Does this mean you are a Capitalist?

You can check out our latest  ccnp route dumps  and  ccnp study guide pdf - pass-4sure exams written by our certified teams to help you pass passguide.You can also purchase exa
FreeBornAngel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 08:01:40 PM »

I'm with AG, anyone using force to control peaceful people should be dealt with by flash mob.

An attack on one is an attack on all, it is only a matter of time for them to get around to attacking you.

Proclaim me Rey del Mundo!

World Peace in 20 Words or Less:
It's wrong to force a person to do anything that that person doesn't want to do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: