Daily Anarchist Forum
December 14, 2018, 07:49:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A REAL Bitcoin Debit Card  (Read 2764 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:13:07 AM »

If this turns out to be real and not just a mirage, this is very big news.

For the longest time I've wanted a debit card that carries a BALANCE of bitcoins and only switches to the local currency at POS.

Other cards require you to send them BTC, and then they cash it out and your balance is in dollars. Fuck that. That's not what I want. I want my balance to always remain in BTC. Sort of like when you take a card to Europe. Your balance is still in dollars and only at the POS does the required amount of dollars get debited from your card to make the purchase. No balance in Euros lugging around on your card.

What this means is that we'll essentially be able to pay for anything we want in the western world using bitcoins, never having to hold a fiat balance. This is very big news. I can't wait to get one, if it's the real deal, that is.

Edit: Whoops, here's the link:
http://blog.xapo.com/post/83436492784/announcing-the-xapo-debit-card

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Agrarian_Agorist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:48:05 PM »

If this turns out to be real and not just a mirage, this is very big news.

For the longest time I've wanted a debit card that carries a BALANCE of bitcoins and only switches to the local currency at POS.

Other cards require you to send them BTC, and then they cash it out and your balance is in dollars. Fuck that. That's not what I want. I want my balance to always remain in BTC. Sort of like when you take a card to Europe. Your balance is still in dollars and only at the POS does the required amount of dollars get debited from your card to make the purchase. No balance in Euros lugging around on your card.

What this means is that we'll essentially be able to pay for anything we want in the western world using bitcoins, never having to hold a fiat balance. This is very big news. I can't wait to get one, if it's the real deal, that is.

Edit: Whoops, here's the link:
http://blog.xapo.com/post/83436492784/announcing-the-xapo-debit-card

Have you stopped trying to END THE FED?  This card states
After a customer makes a payment using Bitcoin, the merchant will receive the funds in their local currency.
meaning that the retailer is not accepting Bitcoin but is accepting FRNs/Pounds/Euros/Yen/etc, so how is this going to END THE FED or central banking, and why would anybody even bother to waste their time getting Bitcoin in the first place?

Also, as the Wall-street Financial industry starts dumping hundreds of millions into Bitcoin, and then starts High-frequency trading of it(Bitcoin), would it really be wise for a Bitcoin investor to spend the Bitcoin on things which one could obviously use local currency for -which they(the individual) are most certainly being paid in by their employer?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: