Daily Anarchist Forum
October 21, 2019, 06:21:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So How's life?  (Read 9900 times)
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2014, 03:23:14 PM »

How is everyone doing?

I'm doing pretty good I'm 28K words deep into my first novel. A story set in the Zombie Apocalypse the setting I'm using to explore questions of morality. I'm also working on world creation for short stories.

As for when I'm moving to NH my teammate was seriously injured and requires care however they're on the mend and making progress.

Gods willing they'll be able to recover well, we have to wait and see.

Peace be upon you!

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Victor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 09:55:04 PM »

Life's mostly ok. I got a job good enough to keep me chugging along recently, and that has given me the relative ability to slow down and not have so much stress in my life, as well as to catch up on some readings and writings and other things I'd wanted to do.

I have roots where I live now, and no money or energy to move, but at the same time some other recent, somewhat personal events have shown me that I really need to either find others in my area willing to do some activism or move somewhere where people have more sympathy for anarchist ideas and philosophy.

On the other hand, I've also recently found a small group of libertarian folks to hang out with in person every so often, (they lean heavily in the Austrian economics + anarcho-capitalism direction.) I will have to run the idea I have by them.

Til then, I'll leave the specifics of the "events" that have made me feel the need to join some anarchist enclave in the realm of mystery. In a few weeks hopefully I'll have more of an idea of how things have turned out and what I can learn from it, and hopefully may have more to share.

Anywho, your novel sounds pretty interesting, MAM. I don't usually read Zombie Apocalypse type literature, but it sounds cool to read none-the-less. I have plenty of ideas for stories and story-heavy computer games, but not much expectation that I'll produce anything with them in the near future. I hope your teammate recovers well and that you have some smooth sailing ahead of you, or at least that you can successfully get to NH or progress your life in whatever other ways bring you happiness. And peace to you right back!

'To be happy, stay hidden.'
~Yopie, quoted in Under Paris by Neil Shea and Stephen Alvarez.
My Bitmessage Address: BM-NBofBs1WsHq4Z1MsS9CFEhistf8kLBy9
AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 01:05:59 AM »

I'm doing pretty good. I'm trying to learn programming (with the Python language to start) and am making plans for a...business association with a friend from my church. He's about as libertarian as a minarchist can get and is currently applying for his Medical Cannabis license. To add a veneer of legitimacy to his actual intentions. I'm also working on my own novel. I intend for it to be the first of a fantasy series. Think Lord of the Rings, but much darker and probably not as good. It will deal with a lot of issues of Good vs. Evil, and the many shades of gray that can exist as well. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

cookie1608
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 12:01:14 PM »

I'm doing good, I'm knee deep in summer and enjoying the rare English sun. I start college soon, although I am starting to regret taking an engineering course along with a-level physics and a-level maths as I kinda wish I had taken something linked with sociology, philosophy or politics as my ambitious future would be one spent writing, photographing and/or journalising about anarchy. I may switch a-level maths for a-level philosophy or something similar. At least if my journalism/writing/photography career fails I will have decent engineering qualifications that should get me a job to earn some money. Thanks for asking man.
Tear-Down-the-Wall
Mr. Edgar Friendly

Mother should I trust the government?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »

I recently did standup comedy and will be doing it again. I haven't done any policitalc/anarchist humor yet. The thing is I'm no George Carlin or Bill Hicks. Starting out you want to be a little funny and not overly preachy.

I got a motorcycle over the summer, '99 750 Katana and have been having a blast with it.

I've been trying to be more outgoing, meet new people, and try new things.

Work has been hell but that's what it is. I'm actually really good.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill- you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: