Daily Anarchist Forum
October 21, 2019, 06:04:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Conspiracy?  (Read 8095 times)
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »

What pisses me off Janos is that while I may not be a Bitcoin expert, I'm not that new to encryption. Okay?

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
seanwilliam1988

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 04:29:21 AM »

I think itís far from happening. Bitcoin is created as a fully decentralized system, which means no one can have a control over it. However, I heard in the news that the bitcoin founder is cooperating with the government to give them full control about the currency. Have anyone of you heard about this?

Bitcoin Daily - One-stop bitcoin daily news portal.
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 11:41:43 AM »

I think itís far from happening. Bitcoin is created as a fully decentralized system, which means no one can have a control over it. However, I heard in the news that the bitcoin founder is cooperating with the government to give them full control about the currency. Have anyone of you heard about this?

Do people even know who Satoshi is? As far as I can tell it's not certain whether Satoshi was an individual or group.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Disengage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 02:16:55 PM »

No one knows who Satoshi is.   More importantly, even if his/her/their identity WAS known, he has no "control" to give to anyone.    Locking him up in a cell or holding a gun to his head wouldn't get you anywhere.  He has no influence.     Bitcoin is an open source project involving a peer-to-peer network.     The closest thing the govt. could do to "control" it is to buy/threaten all of the developers.

...not all of the developers involved in Bitcoin.   All the developers ON THE PLANET.   

Being open source means that anyone with the sufficient knowledge and motivation could not only examine the code for malicious behaviors that were introduced, but could also become a "developer" themselves.   This is where most of those alt-coins come from. 

No, the government's attempt to "control" Bitcoin will come in the form of regulating the movement of fiat currency into and out of BTC and/or creating some sort of competing cryptocurrency.    They can't directly control Bitcoin itself.   Any attempt to do so will be somewhat entertaining and ultimately futile.

seanwilliam1988

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 02:44:54 AM »

Controlling digital currency is far from possible. How can you control an open-source system, and only two people (peer-to-peer) can have an access during the transaction. If the government put some regulation about it that should be followed, that could be possible.

Bitcoin Daily - One-stop bitcoin daily news portal.
kelvinwo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 09:39:57 PM »

What is FUD  and what is relation of it to Bitcoin?

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2014, 07:00:23 AM »

What is FUD  and what is relation of it to Bitcoin?

FUD = Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: