Daily Anarchist Forum
September 22, 2019, 07:58:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: House of Cards (Spoiler alert past the OP)  (Read 4165 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: March 30, 2014, 12:14:06 AM »

Who here watches that show?

I'm always very reluctant to start watching new television shows. I watch very few and for a long time didn't watch any. But I had seen lots of libertarians online say they loved it. So my wife and I decided to give it a shot. We blasted through both seasons in no time. We're hooked. Looking forward to season three.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 03:25:35 PM by Seth King » Logged

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Agrarian_Agorist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:47:51 AM »

Season 3 maybe delayed.  In a move similar to that of Frank Underwood, Netflix is demanding Tax subsidies to continue filming in Maryland.  Maryland in a move also similar to that of Frank Underwood is now threatening to seize the assets of House Of Cards.

Here is just one of many articles about the situation. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/maryland-delegates-threaten-to-seize-house-of-cards-property-if-filming-leaves-the-state/2014/03/27/0715a0ca-b605-11e3-8cb6-284052554d74_story.html

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 01:06:36 PM »

That's fucking hysterical!

templariomaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 07:56:23 AM »

When he said "I got to vicepresidency without any vote... democracy is overrated"(I watched the show in Spanish, I dont know if those were the actual words or not when he was being elected vicepresident officially) that phrase was astonishing, as it shows how corruption and social skills can  easily handle government mechanisms of corruption.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 03:25:12 PM »

When he said "I got to vicepresidency without any vote... democracy is overrated"(I watched the show in Spanish, I dont know if those were the actual words or not when he was being elected vicepresident officially) that phrase was astonishing, as it shows how corruption and social skills can  easily handle government mechanisms of corruption.

He said "I'm one heartbeat away from the Presidency and not a single vote cast in my name. Democracy is so overrated."

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 03:37:53 PM »

He said "I'm one heartbeat away from the Presidency and not a single vote cast in my name. Democracy is so overrated."

I always find it amusing when the impeach Obama crowd gets going.  I ask them why they want Biden as president.  They don't seem to comprehend. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: