Daily Anarchist Forum
October 15, 2019, 04:14:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin counter strategy?  (Read 3363 times)
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2014, 06:05:47 AM »

Recently I've been immersing myself in knowledge particularly strategy. Davi's encounter with the TSA had me thinking about the State and Bitcoin.

The history of the United States is a tale of an excellent grand strategy, and marvellous execution, when we think about the methodical way in which State leadership has undermined it's enemies. State actors and leaders are very intelligent and competent personnel.

With this in mind, what's a likely strategy that the States will use to control and/or undermine Bitcoin (and other crypto-currencies) and what counter strategies can we develop? The Statists aren't going to sit around and let Bitcoin undermine their power. They will be working to destroy it and using the TSA is stupid, and not their primary plan, as it's ineffectual. I'm positing that the TSA looking for bitcoin is a distraction, a decoy, and the TSA organization is likely not aware that it's being used to misdirect Bitcoin users, almost certainly the peons are not need to know and I I'm not sure that the leader of the TSA would be need to know. 

One of the obvious ways is to control the exchanges. The Bitcoin market is growing but is still small. So part of our strategy should probably focus on undermining the USD. Which China may do if the redact the debt (This would be a HUGE move). Another possibility is their ability to monitor the network, the more they can see the less they need to break the encryption as they'll be able to figure out the users through inference.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your time!

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 08:48:51 AM »

I don't think there is a strategy you can make because there is no way to make others follow through on it. 

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 09:52:29 AM »

I don't think there is a strategy you can make because there is no way to make others follow through on it. 

I'm interested in the discussion. People will do what they want, maybe we have similar goals.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 10:36:41 AM »

One of the obvious ways is to control the exchanges. The Bitcoin market is growing but is still small. So part of our strategy should probably focus on undermining the USD. Which China may do if the redact the debt (This would be a HUGE move). Another possibility is their ability to monitor the network, the more they can see the less they need to break the encryption as they'll be able to figure out the users through inference.

Bitcoin wasn't designed to be inherently anonymous.  Like cash, after a few private exchanges it is essentially anonymous anyway.  If you want to keep the government out of bitcoin, get people to stop leaving their money in the vulnerable exchanges and do some private local exchanges of bitcoin.  It needs to be used as a currency, as it was meant to be, in order to gain strength.  

While undermining the USD might be good on some level for personal wealth in BTC or Yuan vs USD, on the whole I suspect it would be very detrimental for everyone.   An orderly adoption and move away from the USD would be a lot more beneficial, and likely, for mere survival.    

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: