Daily Anarchist Forum
November 22, 2019, 07:04:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Answer to My Question About Anti-MRAP/Anti-APC Tactics  (Read 5106 times)
Franz

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2014, 08:07:01 PM »

The following 52 second video shows what happens when the police try to use military tactics and equipment against civilian protesters.  I have always wondered if Coquetails du Molotov would be effective in such a situation, in the hands of the protesters.  This video answers that question most definitively.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85WBb9xA9AI
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 08:24:40 PM »

Different vehicles have different capabilities. I believe that the Abrams comes with it's own atmosphere and it might night die to molotovs.

Remember there is no single solution to a problem.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Montanarchist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 05:36:18 PM »

Different vehicles have different capabilities. I believe that the Abrams comes with it's own atmosphere and it might night die to molotovs.

Remember there is no single solution to a problem.

Most modern tanks are totaly sealed and impervious to Finnish Grenades (Molotov Cocktails) but if a hatch is left open or initial damage done to the tank they can work.

Other vehicles would be vulnerable but in order to effectively take out a tank a better civilian method would be to use Dynamite or similar explosives to knock out the tracks.

The best way to fight an Abrams however is not to fight it. Allow it to pass and within 6 hours it will have to refuel, which means you ambush the refueling trucks and leave the tanks stranded. They then become bunkers that can be knocked out with explosives or swarmed with infantry.

"What is steel, compared to the hand that wields it!"
-The Riddle of Steel

"The more I see of what you call civilization, the more highly I think of what you call savagery!"
-Robert E Howard
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 01:00:24 AM »

The best way to fight an Abrams however is not to fight it. Allow it to pass and within 6 hours it will have to refuel, which means you ambush the refueling trucks and leave the tanks stranded. They then become bunkers that can be knocked out with explosives or swarmed with infantry.

If you can't take it, destroy it, leave nothing for your enemies.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Montanarchist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 03:20:28 AM »

If you can't take it, destroy it, leave nothing for your enemies.

I wasn't suggesting leave them behind I was saying the tank would be left stranded out of gas, in ferfect position to be knocked out with IEDs and other weapons.

"What is steel, compared to the hand that wields it!"
-The Riddle of Steel

"The more I see of what you call civilization, the more highly I think of what you call savagery!"
-Robert E Howard
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 02:46:29 PM »

Maybe you could steal it.  Well, calling it stealing might be a stretch.  They stole from you to build it in the first place. 

Reclaim your tank!

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 12:15:56 AM »

Maybe you could steal it.  Well, calling it stealing might be a stretch.  They stole from you to build it in the first place. 

Reclaim your tank!

Hey man, you didn't build that!

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: