Daily Anarchist Forum
November 20, 2019, 12:18:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a good VPN  (Read 3664 times)
SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2014, 05:02:49 PM »

Hey guys,

I've been using Tor but I'm getting tired of updating it constantly. I'm looking into a VPN service (mainly for torrents), and have found private internet access to be the best find thus far. Can one of you recommend something?

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 05:26:36 PM »

I used Bitguard for a while. I liked it.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 06:09:34 PM »

Seth, what about i2p?

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 07:38:29 PM »

Seth, what about i2p?

I'm interested too.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 10:40:23 PM »

i2p isn't a VPN. It's like Tor, an anonymizing network. But it doesn't really have nodes that speak to the outside world, really. It's its own thing. I really like i2p, but unfortunately there isn't much to do on there right now. Chicken and egg problem, you know.

Victor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 11:38:33 PM »

I used ibvpn a while back, and I liked them, but I dropped the service because I was short on money and considered a vpn something of a luxury. A friend of mine liked ivpn, and it's multi-hop, which is cool, but it looks like they don't concentrate on torrenting.

It looks like Prism-Break.org has a few services they recommend, but I haven't used those.

'To be happy, stay hidden.'
~Yopie, quoted in Under Paris by Neil Shea and Stephen Alvarez.
My Bitmessage Address: BM-NBofBs1WsHq4Z1MsS9CFEhistf8kLBy9
Hatpaper

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »

Note: I have no personal or business related involvement whatsoever with the product/service described below.

You guys should check out Mullvad! Some information about the service:

• You can try it out for free, a subscription is about 7 USD/month depending on which payment option you choose
  • Available payment options are: Bitcoin, cash in the mail, bank wire and PayPal
  • They don't keep any logs whatsoever, so they can't leave any information to LEA if they were to be served a subpoena/court order
  • Their servers are located in the Netherlands, Germany, Sweden and the US (you can choose which servers you want to use)
  • There are no limits on speed/bandwidth or data volume
  • You're able to connect with any OpenVPN client or use the open source Mullvad client; which makes the service fully cross-platform (support for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, *BSD, iOS, Android and more)
  • It's owned, run and managed by fellow anarchists (anarcho-capitalists)

Off-topic I just want to say hi to everyone, I've been lurking around on the forum for some time now and this is my first post but hopefully there will be more to come (that aren't basically just advertisements Wink). Have a great day/night depending on where in the world you are located! Smiley
kelvinwo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 01:08:22 AM »

Seth, what about i2p?
How can i get it?

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 08:50:26 AM »

https://geti2p.net/en/

Pages: [1]