Daily Anarchist Forum
November 27, 2021, 12:24:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HR 3626 - The Renewal of the Undetectable Firearms Act & 3D-Printing  (Read 7739 times)
RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2013, 04:43:38 AM »

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr3626

Some background:

Just over a year ago I migrated (sort of) from going onto this forum regularly to spending the bulk of my time on the DefCad forums. And pretty much following anything and everything Defense Distributed was up to, as well as immersing myself in the so-called "gun culture" to a much higher degree than I ever had in my life. Not since the expiration of the original "assault weapons ban" in 2004 have I paid so much attention to all of this.

Oh, regarding any proposed AWB this info needs to be passed around: http://www.assaultweapon.info/

Boy has 3D-printing been an amazing development overall... And the crushing defeat of the prohibitionists that be in mid-April was a natural dose of MDMA for me. Combine this with the fact that support for gun control in short as well as long-term trends is dropping, and it's hard not to feel empowered:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/165563/remains-divided-passing-stricter-gun-laws.aspx

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/04/cnn-poll-support-for-stricter-gun-control-fades/

---

Now for the bill this thread is about. In the next twenty hours or so, the Senate will vote on HR 3626, which is a renewal of the "Undetectable" Firearms Act that was first passed in 1988 with a sunset period and subsequently renewed again.

The bad news: The measure has obviously passed the house, and will likely be passed by the Senate with ease.

The good news: HR 3626 isn't one of the fuckishly bullshit "modernized" UFA's which specifically tried to ban individuals from printing their own lower receivers, ammunition magazines, or other major firearm component. In other words, the laws on the books will be no worse than they already have been. You can still print a gun, but it must contain about four ounces of steel.

More relatively good news: The only updates anyone from the gun prohibition side wants to add are kind of innocuous compared to what they said they wanted to do several months ago. Basically the metal parts have to be a necessary part of the gun (such as the barrel). So you could for instance by a stand-alone barrel for $150 and have a Glock Liberator up and running in no time.

Not that such laws are enforceable anyway.

I'll conclude this post with a couple things I recommend people pass around:

https://bitly.com/3DprintUFA - This is a document I wrote with input from a friend or two. Sums up 90% of the debate over 3D-printed firearms.

Oh, and this meme will come in handy too:

Those two bills apparently won't be voted on until a year later from what representative Steve Israel and Senator Chuck Schumer have said. With recent news that things won't be so bright for their party at that time, I personally have high hopes that those will go nowhere.

As for 3D printers, I highly recommend anyone here with $1,000 look into getting a FABtotum. One Bitcoin or so will get you a mini-factory:

stateexempt.com - The book should be done by early 2015

Privatize + Legalize + Decentralize
RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:42:16 AM »

And it's been signed into law.

You can legally print a gun, so long as it has about four ounces of steel. Sure a lot better than the "modernized" undetectable firearms acts that Schumer and Steve Israel wanted to ram through.

Disengage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 08:14:10 AM »

As usual, criminals are totally unaffected. 

RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 08:47:16 AM »

As usual, criminals are totally unaffected. 

Say it isn't so!  Cheesy

And in other somewhat related news, a jeweler in Australia recently made nearly a hundred MAC 10's in the comfort of his own home, and sold them to local biker gangs for the equivalent of over $10,000 Fed notes each.

No joke, I guess a new scapegoat that differs from "undetectability" concerns will have to be conjured up for this to become a political issue in the US. In the meantime kids, you can easily download receiver plans and other data online for parts dimensions. For assembly I suggest taking a look at this:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: