Daily Anarchist Forum
September 28, 2020, 11:15:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon Prime Air  (Read 4316 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2013, 11:07:17 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8037720011

Technology rules, when it's used for peaceful purposes.

Think about how much less gasoline will be needed to get take out from Taco Bell, etc.?

Right now it takes a 2,000 lbs vehicle to get you to go back and forth. This little 5 lbs plane can do it hundreds of times more efficiently.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 12:29:21 PM »

Those things tend to have issues with wind, even mild.  Don't expect the cars to go away.  

KlausM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 05:48:01 PM »

In my part of the world, we call drones "practice targets."  Most of my neighbors think they need 0 or 00 buckshot for them, but I believe that #4 shot would work just as well.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 06:28:10 PM »

In my part of the world, we call drones "practice targets."  Most of my neighbors think they need 0 or 00 buckshot for them, but I believe that #4 shot would work just as well.

Spy drones would make for great practice targets. But I'm not about to shoot down a drone that's in the process of delivering my Double Decker and Seven Layer Burrito.

ff42

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 12:22:13 AM »

Spy drones would make for great practice targets. But I'm not about to shoot down a drone that's in the process of delivering my Double Decker and Seven Layer Burrito.

And how do you know that it is about to deliver food instead spraying you with poison?    It is hard to believe that *someone* hasn't though of using these as assassination agents.   
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 01:10:07 AM »

And how do you know that it is about to deliver food instead spraying you with poison?    It is hard to believe that *someone* hasn't though of using these as assassination agents.   

If somebody wants to assassinate me I'm sure it would be exceedingly easy, and would not require the use of high-tech gadgetry.

Martin Brock

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 07:04:50 PM »

The truck delivers hundreds of packages along the most efficient route beginning and ending at the warehouse. The multicopter delivers only one package, so delivering hundreds of packages requires hundreds of trips to and from the warehouse, potentially covering many times the distance that the truck covers.

Still, I'm a big fan of multicopters and UAVs (outside of the "security" state), and I expect them to find many uses. If you haven't seek the volocopter yet, it seems a very exciting development in aeronautics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNulEa8LTHI

http://www.e-volo.com/

With progress in battery technology that seems to be on the horizon, manned multicopters and related vehicles could finally become the flying car in a decade or two and could become flying taxis available to common people in urban areas much sooner.
envision-global

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 04:24:28 PM »

It was a good walk through this post. the videos i found here are very useful definitely this kind of information helps a lot keep updating.
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 11:50:35 PM »

If somebody wants to assassinate me I'm sure it would be exceedingly easy, and would not require the use of high-tech gadgetry.

I've realized this as well. I wonder how many folk have been disappeared in this country by order of the State.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Guttend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 09:01:58 AM »

I've realized this as well. I wonder how many folk have been disappeared in this country by order of the State.

Until that drone really becomes useful we will let state handle assassination for us.

Franz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 10:13:09 AM »

Life is like an Amazon drone.  You never know what you're going to get until you shoot one down.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: