Daily Anarchist Forum
February 04, 2023, 09:02:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pussy Riot: Nadezhda Tolokonnikova is ‘missing’ in the Russian Gulag system  (Read 4664 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »

http://libcom.org/blog/pussy-riot-nadezhda-tolokonnikova-%E2%80%98missing%E2%80%99-russian-gulag-system-03112013

At what point do the prisons get so bad that people start to take a "no surrender" or fight until the death stance towards the state?

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 11:40:12 PM »

At what point do the prisons get so bad that people start to take a "no surrender" or fight until the death stance towards the state?

History says: "Never!"

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 11:43:11 PM »

History says: "Never!"

*Sigh*

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 08:19:11 AM »

The problem with the prison scenario (and many others) is that it happens on an individual level, even if it is happening widespread.  A group of para-military types show up to drag you away.  You have two options: die now, or maybe survive.  Most people have that survival instinct and will allow all sorts of terrible things to happen. 

The people that are not dragged away all think they have to work through the state to change it.  For some reason, any law that is passed is considered "right."  They also have the survival instinct and have no desire to risk their necks for strangers. 

Unfortunately, violence works all too well.  When you can tack on the appearance of legitimacy it becomes near impossible to get people to work against it. 

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 01:08:28 PM »

The problem with the prison scenario (and many others) is that it happens on an individual level, even if it is happening widespread.  A group of para-military types show up to drag you away.  You have two options: die now, or maybe survive.  Most people have that survival instinct and will allow all sorts of terrible things to happen. 

The people that are not dragged away all think they have to work through the state to change it.  For some reason, any law that is passed is considered "right."  They also have the survival instinct and have no desire to risk their necks for strangers. 

Unfortunately, violence works all too well.  When you can tack on the appearance of legitimacy it becomes near impossible to get people to work against it. 

I haven't figured out a good strat to combat it yet.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 01:18:40 PM »

Bitcoin is my only hope.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. Without Bitcoin I wouldn't have any hope.

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 01:37:37 PM »

Bitcoin is my only hope.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. Without Bitcoin I wouldn't have any hope.

Pretty much how I feel. It's all long term as I see it.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: