Daily Anarchist Forum
December 10, 2019, 12:27:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why we will never win  (Read 3246 times)
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2013, 05:55:28 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l02E4cj4Vvo

Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »

I don't think it has to be so much as "why we will never win" as much as "why those people will lose."

Maybe it's just me trying to stay optimistic, but it seems like I'm constantly seeing people who buy into the bullshit getting the shaft moreso than those that don't.

For examples, it's the soldier who signs up with the army and gets blown to bits. It's the Christian who believes in paying taxes who will get raked over the coals, or the liberal who demands an increase in minimum wages that will miss out on Bitcoin.

I don't know. I just see 99.99% of the people suffering from their own stupidity. I see the 0.01% of libertarians who are actually protecting themselves and thriving. Am I the only one who sees this? The only libertarians I see getting arrested are those that engage in civil disobedience, usually trying to protect some other doofus' rights who doesn't even support theirs.

Seriously, the libertarians who seem to be fairing the best are the ones who have good principles, aren't afraid to share their views, but at the same time aren't going to hold back their lives waiting for the rest of humanity to figure things out.

It's the old analogy I use. If you lived in a world of Catholics and you realized Catholicism is bullshit, what would you do? Would you still go to mass every Sunday and beg and plead the others to try to see the error in their ways? Or would you simply stop going and let those fools waste 1/7th of their lives listening to some dumb-fuck tell them how to live?

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 06:31:52 PM »

I was thinking more along the lines of developing an ancap society, rather than dodging the laws that people like that let get put in place when I titled the thread.  
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:47:56 PM by Syock » Logged

MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 08:12:40 PM »

Seriously, the libertarians who seem to be fairing the best are the ones who have good principles, aren't afraid to share their views, but at the same time aren't going to hold back their lives waiting for the rest of humanity to figure things out.

And Ancapism become insurrectionary... Yay!

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 09:02:34 PM »

I should clarify my earlier statement. Yes, it's true that perfectly innocent libertarians are suffering too. We should have flying cars by now. I'm speaking in relative terms here. It's the people who believe they deserve handouts from the feds and such that are going to get hit hard when the SHTF, not so much the libertarian who knew it was all a ponzi scheme set to implode and didn't set up there life in such a way as to be dependent on the feds.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: