Daily Anarchist Forum
July 03, 2022, 03:22:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obamacare  (Read 4346 times)
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« on: October 05, 2013, 06:06:02 PM »

http://beforeitsnews.com/economics-and-politics/2013/10/obamacare-reality-shock-sets-in-facebook-posts-reveals-the-true-horrors-of-obamacare-2456936.html

Seems the costs are a bit more than what the supporters expected.  I wonder if this will cause any cognitive dissonance for them. 

Victor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 07:52:50 PM »

http://beforeitsnews.com/economics-and-politics/2013/10/obamacare-reality-shock-sets-in-facebook-posts-reveals-the-true-horrors-of-obamacare-2456936.html

Seems the costs are a bit more than what the supporters expected.  I wonder if this will cause any cognitive dissonance for them. 

No.

That's my hypothesis. Cognitive dissonance would require some degree of rationality. I don't think the Obama supporters I've seen would accept that there is anything remotely bad about Obamacare what-so-ever, no matter what they saw.

(Sorry, I've been arguing with "liberals" recently and my frustration levels are still quite high. So I'm feeling lots of negativity.)

(But yeah, you're giving them too much credit.)

'To be happy, stay hidden.'
~Yopie, quoted in Under Paris by Neil Shea and Stephen Alvarez.
My Bitmessage Address: BM-NBofBs1WsHq4Z1MsS9CFEhistf8kLBy9
RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 09:51:38 PM »

On the issue of why healthcare has become more expensive over the last few decades and why Obamacare simply exacerbates it, this article (complete with excellent graphs) is a great overview: http://thefederalist.com/2013/10/01/8-charts-that-explain-the-explosive-growth-of-u-s-health-care-costs/

In a nutshell, we haven't had a free market in healthcare for quite a while now, and the third-party payment system we have now succumbed to over the years isn't helping one bit.

stateexempt.com - The book should be done by early 2015

Privatize + Legalize + Decentralize
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 10:41:51 PM »

On the issue of why healthcare has become more expensive over the last few decades and why Obamacare simply exacerbates it, this article (complete with excellent graphs) is a great overview: http://thefederalist.com/2013/10/01/8-charts-that-explain-the-explosive-growth-of-u-s-health-care-costs/

In a nutshell, we haven't had a free market in healthcare for quite a while now, and the third-party payment system we have now succumbed to over the years isn't helping one bit.

Yeah, that wasn't in question.  I just found it humorous that supporters of it didn't see it coming. 

RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 12:47:42 AM »

Yeah, that wasn't in question.  I just found it humorous that supporters of it didn't see it coming. 

Part of why they didn't see it coming is because they seem to ignore *why* costs have been rising all this time. If they knew the true history of healthcare programs and regulations in the US, the sticker price of the (un)Affordable Care Act would've been less of a shocker.

But I can't say I feel too bad about anyone who supported the law and now has higher costs to pay.

Glad not too many young people are signing up for this bullshit.

stateexempt.com - The book should be done by early 2015

Privatize + Legalize + Decentralize
Victor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 04:33:34 PM »

I'm not sure if it's because I'm using TorBrowser or what, but I only see 7 charts on that page. Tongue :/ (Whereas the title says there are 8 charts.)

'To be happy, stay hidden.'
~Yopie, quoted in Under Paris by Neil Shea and Stephen Alvarez.
My Bitmessage Address: BM-NBofBs1WsHq4Z1MsS9CFEhistf8kLBy9
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 02:13:29 AM »

The Obamacare website is the result of typical cronyism.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: