Daily Anarchist Forum
May 25, 2022, 12:06:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Cody Wilson now working on an easy-to-use Bitcoin wallet  (Read 11150 times)
SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2013, 05:06:13 PM »

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/currency/2013/09/dark-wallet-bitcoin.html?utm_source=www&utm_medium=g+&utm_campaign=20130924&mobify=0

Called Dark Wallet, the wallet will act as a plugin that would allow people to handle their Bitcoins directly from their browsers. It will be compatible with Windows, OSX and Linux. A launch date is set to hit early next year.

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
magentawave

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 09:33:51 PM »

Very cool and I heard the Mcafee guy is coming back to the US to develop a thingee that will enable you to anonymize internet on your computer or smart phone. Sounds too good to be true but I hope it isn't.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 07:07:21 AM »

Is it just me, or does integrating into a browser seem like a vulnerability waiting to happen?

RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 09:35:57 PM »

Is it just me, or does integrating into a browser seem like a vulnerability waiting to happen?

Web apps tend to be less secure only because (a) they are more constantly exposed to a potentially hostile environment, and (b) web apps tend to be rushed out the door more quickly compared to bigger software projects.

The fact that Wilson and others are now building on an already well-tested protocol and simply facilitating it's use gives reason to be optimistic.

Cody has been planning this for over a year now, and he continues to get help when needed. The work he's done with Defense Distributed has already changed the world, and I truly think this will do the same to some degree.

stateexempt.com - The book should be done by early 2015

Privatize + Legalize + Decentralize
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 10:36:39 PM »

The work he's done with Defense Distributed has already changed the world, and I truly think this will do the same to some degree.

I disagree, but ok. 

RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 01:00:40 AM »

The work he's done with Defense Distributed has already changed the world, and I truly think this will do the same to some degree.

I disagree, but ok. 

About DefDist, Dark Wallet, or both?

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 11:10:24 AM »

Both.

SinCityVoluntaryist
Left Rothbardian against the corporate state; Ron Paulian against the empire

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »

There's no doubt that Cody's work with Def Dist. has caused a new paradigm to emerge. However, I wouldn't say it's changed the world...yet. The world will be changed when every person on earth has a 3D printer and using his files.

<iframe src="http://c4ss.org/c4ssnews/js1.0/c4ssnewsobject.html?ctc=eef467&clc=f4f367" id="c4niframe" width="160" height="360" style="margin: 0px;" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Support the Molinari Institute:
http://praxeology.net/molinari.htm
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 12:53:56 AM »

There's no doubt that Cody's work with Def Dist. has caused a new paradigm to emerge. However, I wouldn't say it's changed the world...yet. The world will be changed when every person on earth has a 3D printer and using his files.

That's the thing.  A gun is not a terribly complex item unless you go out of your way to make it so.  The skills, equipment and materials are widespread.  People can already make them in their basements.  

Using the 3D printer is just trading one skill for another, one material for another, and some equipment for another. 

RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 11:01:36 PM »

Disagree wholeheartedly with you two; drawing world attention to the fact that a physical object such as a gun can now be distributed and made at home with the right device has totally upended the world already:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/24/3D-Guns-Targeted-By-Homeland-Security

The frank admission by our own government that this can't be stopped sure is a victory. I should note though that claims about "undetectability" are false: http://fosscad.org/Basic_Case_Against_New_UFAs.pdf

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 01:04:54 PM »

Disagree wholeheartedly with you two; drawing world attention to the fact that a physical object such as a gun can now be distributed and made at home with the right device has totally upended the world already:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/24/3D-Guns-Targeted-By-Homeland-Security

The frank admission by our own government that this can't be stopped sure is a victory. I should note though that claims about "undetectability" are false: http://fosscad.org/Basic_Case_Against_New_UFAs.pdf

Since when has our government said anything worth listening to?  The thought that a metal gun can't be distributed or produced outside their controlled system is egotistical of them and proven false daily. 

RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 08:25:38 PM »

Since when has our government said anything worth listening to?

Are you kidding me? They confessed outright that they can't do anything to stop this. What more do you need?

The thought that a metal gun can't be distributed or produced outside their controlled system is egotistical of them and proven false daily. 

Right, and that's totally well within reach of people with no technical skills and aren't willing to face a steep learning curve.

Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 08:39:08 PM »

Since when has our government said anything worth listening to?

Are you kidding me? They confessed outright that they can't do anything to stop this. What more do you need?

I think you missed my point.  They admit this one, but claim to be able to control the other one.  They can't even stop people from making weapons or getting drugs in prison.    

The thought that a metal gun can't be distributed or produced outside their controlled system is egotistical of them and proven false daily.  

Right, and that's totally well within reach of people with no technical skills and aren't willing to face a steep learning curve.

Then buy one from someone that has one.  They are a lot cheaper than a 3D printer.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:41:08 PM by Syock » Logged

magentawave

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 11:20:27 PM »

Syock and RJ Miller - Sorry if this seems like nitpicking but since this is an anarchist forum, I'm curious as to why both of you still use the collectivist and nationalist term "our government" when referring to the US empire? Is it because you both work for those bastards?
RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 07:06:31 AM »

I think you missed my point.  They admit this one, but claim to be able to control the other one.  They can't even stop people from making weapons or getting drugs in prison.   

I think you missed my point. They can control ordinary firearms to some degree, though not perfectly. And nowhere near as effectively as printed firearms.

I suppose it all boils down to whether you think expedient manufacture and distribution is of any importance whatsoever.

Then buy one from someone that has one.
They are a lot cheaper than a 3D printer.

Which I'm sure is much easier than a web search if you don't know anyone in your area who has one. Also keep in mind that it's not just the US we need to worry about here.

They are a lot cheaper than a 3D printer.

Even if they were, they wouldn't be able to produce more en masse.

Syock and RJ Miller - Sorry if this seems like nitpicking but since this is an anarchist forum, I'm curious as to why both of you still use the collectivist and nationalist term "our government" when referring to the US empire? Is it because you both work for those bastards?

It's not nitpicking, it's being a douche over everyday language.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 07:08:51 AM by RJ Miller » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: