Daily Anarchist Forum
February 29, 2020, 04:06:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: C4SS taken down  (Read 9852 times)
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2013, 07:46:44 PM »

http://c4ss.org/

It's things like this that make me wish I were hosting DA on my own home server, but that's a large undertaking that would almost assuredly result in slower page load time.

The better approach is to host content on i2p. Trouble is, once you've already vested time and money into the clear web, it just doesn't translate into dark web.

If I were going to start a brand new website today, it would definitely be on i2p. So, if you're thinking about creating a new website/blog seriously consider doing it on i2p. The clearnet isn't going to last forever.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 08:38:42 PM »

This is pure censorship. The worst part about it was that a man claiming to be part of Students for a Stateless Society was the one who did this. S4SS website posted facebook comments of 2 members of the Belgium Chapter that were extremely "Guns to kill all those sand-niggers and their servants...just like the animals they are."  racist and xenophobic to distance themselves from the Belgian Chapter of S4SS. Note that they didn't care what they called themselves because they actually adhered to their own principles.

Here's a gem from this guy:
 "Guns to kill all those sand-niggers and their servants...just like the animals they are."
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:48:43 PM by victim77 » Logged
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 08:47:56 PM »

It's obvious that some people on the DA board don't agree with C4SS all the time, but do remember that it is run in part by Rodrick T. Long, a senior scholar at the Mises institute. This needs to be spread to all liberty and anarchist sites around.
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 10:57:17 PM »

What a bunch of fascist assholes...

God people say wacky shit at times but that doesn't mean we should stop them.

But luckily it looks like they're back.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 07:04:19 AM »

You think C4SS is a bit off?  Check out some satirical news sites for a laugh.  That quote by victim77 is tame on the net.

The better approach is to host content on i2p.

Someone should make a P2P website kind of setup.   
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:13:10 AM by Syock » Logged

AgoristTeen1994

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 07:18:02 AM »

I have to agree Seth, though I am curious as to why you mentioned i2p instead of tor? (Although both are pretty useful, in fact it may be a good idea to have a regularly synced mirror of this site on both tor AND i2p.

@Syock I know some guys over at reddit were planning on making a meshnet of sorts, it started around the time Egypt's head tyrant shutdown the internet during the Arab Spring protests a couple years back. Idk if they're still active though.

eglove

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 12:15:47 PM »

Works fine for me.

Victor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 02:17:24 PM »

Quote from: Syock

I think Freenet has a P2P structure, and can be used for website hosting.

'To be happy, stay hidden.'
~Yopie, quoted in Under Paris by Neil Shea and Stephen Alvarez.
My Bitmessage Address: BM-NBofBs1WsHq4Z1MsS9CFEhistf8kLBy9
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 08:59:53 AM »

Quote from: Syock

I think Freenet has a P2P structure, and can be used for website hosting.

Thanks.  That looks like a pretty nice setup, darknet integrated and all.  

It also looks like I2P some some p2p features, but isn't hosted that way. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:06:19 AM by Syock » Logged

magentawave

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 09:41:47 PM »

But wouldn't it make the most sense to register your domain and host your site outside of the US in a country that doesn't allow itself to be bullied by the US?
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 09:43:31 PM »

But wouldn't it make the most sense to register your domain and host your site outside of the US in a country that doesn't allow itself to be bullied by the US?

At the end of the day ICANN rules all.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
RJ Miller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 09:47:39 PM »

@Syock I know some guys over at reddit were planning on making a meshnet of sorts, it started around the time Egypt's head tyrant shutdown the internet during the Arab Spring protests a couple years back. Idk if they're still active though.

Project Meshnet is alive and well, and continues to expand every day:

https://projectmeshnet.org

A distributed data store network (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_data_store) sounds like a very workable alternative to the traditional ISP structure we have today. Not an answer for everything, but for a lot nonetheless.

stateexempt.com - The book should be done by early 2015

Privatize + Legalize + Decentralize
magentawave

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »

Can a host outside the US in a country not bullied by the US tell ICANN to go pound sand? Does ICANN have the capability to shut off a website or host? Its amazing how far the tentacles of statism pervade our lives and this is why we need a technologically new internet.

At the end of the day ICANN rules all.
Syock
Epic

Existing Beyond Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 06:31:04 PM »

Can a host outside the US in a country not bullied by the US tell ICANN to go pound sand? Does ICANN have the capability to shut off a website or host? Its amazing how far the tentacles of statism pervade our lives and this is why we need a technologically new internet.

ICANN is not gov.

magentawave

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 12:27:45 PM »

Thats what I thought too.

ICANN is not gov.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: