Daily Anarchist Forum
April 09, 2020, 05:13:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: An additional reason why left-wing anarchism is bogus  (Read 7126 times)
anarchoguitarist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 04:48:16 AM »

On the one hand, I personally am very sympathetic with any left libertarian groups out there, even anarcho-communists.  I want to see anarchists of all varieties agree in their opposition to the state and agree to disagree on other issues like economics or how a particular community is run on a local level. 

On the other hand, I'm not sure some left anarchist groups can be trusted.  Their most extreme proponents have such a dogmatic outlook that it is indistinguishable from a fundamentalist religious belief.  I am confident that in an "anarcho-capitalist" society, any group of anarcho-communists/syndicalists could easily establish egalitarian communities and worker owned/managed cooperatives and they would be able to live in peace with their anarcho-capitalist neighbors.  However, would a group of people be able to establish a voluntary community based on private property in an anarcho-communist society?  I doubt it.  I would think that many anarcho-commies would use violence and even form a state to stop such a community from even existing.

Lets also examine a well known left libertarian character like Noam Chomsky, who is very good when talking about war and foreign intervention.  However, when talking about domestic policy, the man seems to have no principles whatsoever as this site's Davi Barker has pointed out.  Chomsky seems to think that democracy is some sort of ideal, when it is completely statist through and through and antithetical to anarchy.  On virtually every issue the man will support the domestic programs of the Democratic Party no matter how many regulations or taxes they put upon the individual.  He even supports gun control and thinks that the police should own weapons that I can't own.  This doesn't sound like anarchy to me. 
Victor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 04:31:36 PM »

I think the "minarchist counterparts" to anarcho-communists would be Marxists. Fortunately, Marxism seems to have come and gone over the last century as far as making a large impact on the world, though there are still plenty of academics who hold his philosophy or quite similar as their ideal.

(Obviously Marxism isn't minarchic in any way, it just seems like it fits the analogy the best.)

I'm personally with-holding my judgement on anarcho-communism until I actually have a chance to read some of the major intellectual works their side has produced. (Proudhon's What is Property? and Kropotkin's Mutual Aid are on my list.) Hopefully I'll be able to get a clearer picture of their philosophy that way. So far I've just read reviews of both of the aforementioned authors.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:34:14 PM by Victor » Logged

'To be happy, stay hidden.'
~Yopie, quoted in Under Paris by Neil Shea and Stephen Alvarez.
My Bitmessage Address: BM-NBofBs1WsHq4Z1MsS9CFEhistf8kLBy9
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: