Daily Anarchist Forum
August 15, 2022, 07:56:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question on bitcoin's anonymity  (Read 2279 times)
Victor

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2013, 05:31:55 PM »

Bitcoin activists propose hard fork to Bitcoin to keep it anonymous and regulation-free

The authors are particularly concerned about the Bitcoin Payment Messages system scheduled for release along with version 0.9 of the cryptocurrency. That mechanism would allow merchants to request payment from customers, rather than simply providing them with an address to send payments to. Payments would be completed using digital certificates owned by the merchants, and would contain customer and merchant metadata linked to specific transactions.

Questions: Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone have any good guides they know of for being anonymous with bitcoin? And is there a serious danger that bitcoin could be compromised by regulators?

'To be happy, stay hidden.'
~Yopie, quoted in Under Paris by Neil Shea and Stephen Alvarez.
My Bitmessage Address: BM-NBofBs1WsHq4Z1MsS9CFEhistf8kLBy9
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:26:32 PM »

Questions: Has anyone seen this before? Does anyone have any good guides they know of for being anonymous with bitcoin? And is there a serious danger that bitcoin could be compromised by regulators?

They could lock down the places where you exchange fiat for BC that's about the only thing I can think of. But I'm not an expert.

If they do regulate the exchanges you'd just have to find someone to trade cash for BC Seth had such a guy at one point.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: