Daily Anarchist Forum
October 26, 2021, 03:04:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Country Project  (Read 8389 times)
r3VOLutionRefugee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 07:11:40 PM »

I like how you're thinking.  My plan has been expatriation since last year, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pull it off by the end of this year.  I must ask, though--why the western world at all?  Have you been following Jeff Berwick and company?  They're launching Galt's Gulch in Chile this year.  I am considering that, but I'm also quite interested in Paraguay.  There's also no need to worry about tough European immigration policies.  Just get a passport/citizenship with the Dominican Republic or Paraguay for an affordable price, and you can take up residency just about anywhere you want in South America. 
state hater

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »

I must ask, though--why the western world at all?  Have you been following Jeff Berwick and company?  They're launching Galt's Gulch in Chile this year.

Is "western world" defined culturally or racially?  If the former, then Chile is clearly western (European culture has more or less displaced indigenous Amerind culture).  If it is defined racially, and Chile isn't western because of the large Mestizo population, wouldn't that make all western countries only quasi-western?

"The time to sit idly by has passed, to remain neutral is to be complicit, just doing your job is not an excuse, and the line in the sand has been drawn between we the people, and the criminals in Washington, DC."  Adam Kokesh
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 07:21:09 PM »

I must ask, though--why the western world at all?  Have you been following Jeff Berwick and company?  They're launching Galt's Gulch in Chile this year.

Is "western world" defined culturally or racially?  If the former, then Chile is clearly western (European culture has more or less displaced indigenous Amerind culture).  If it is defined racially, and Chile isn't western because of the large Mestizo population, wouldn't that make all western countries only quasi-western?

Perhaps he means developmentally.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 07:30:25 PM »

I like how you're thinking.  My plan has been expatriation since last year, and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to pull it off by the end of this year.  I must ask, though--why the western world at all?  Have you been following Jeff Berwick and company?  They're launching Galt's Gulch in Chile this year.  I am considering that, but I'm also quite interested in Paraguay.  There's also no need to worry about tough European immigration policies.  Just get a passport/citizenship with the Dominican Republic or Paraguay for an affordable price, and you can take up residency just about anywhere you want in South America.  

You say you'll be able to "pull it off" but are you actually going to go through with it? There are plenty of people who could probably pull it off but never do so, for one reason or another.

Now, I'm not about to judge a person who doesn't go through with it, because it's a big deal. I only ask that if for whatever reason you do NOT exit the country that you at least move to New Hampshire. Don't make it an all or nothing situation, which I believe is what most people do.

I'm very happy in New Hampshire right now and with the soon to be influx of 20,000 libertarians I think it's going to get a lot nicer, so long as FedGov doesn't totally F everything up. That, of course, is a very real possibility, which is why I think it's a good idea to have a backup country plan.

I'm not opposed to the southern hemisphere. I've been to Tanzania before, and found it quite pleasurable as a tourist. With a small amount of money a person could probably get by there quite well. I'm sure the same goes for South America, too.

Part of the reason I look at Switzerland is because it affords me the opportunity to speak German, which is my second language. It's a bias, I know, which may be clouding my judgment. But Spanish is my third language, although it's almost completely forgotten. But I'm confident I could relearn and pick it up again in no-time if need be.

I've never been to South America, but if I knew there were a contingency of An-Caps down there waiting for me I'm sure it would be a lot easier to move.

Another reason why I like Switzerland over South America, is that as a disobedient anarchist I think it's safe to say that spending time in a Swiss prison is probably much more humane than in a South American prison.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 07:31:59 PM by Seth King » Logged

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Tear-Down-the-Wall
Mr. Edgar Friendly

Mother should I trust the government?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 07:59:09 PM »

Bad thing about Switzerland is it's in the heart of the EU and things will go to shit there soon as well. Personally, I always thought Southeast Asia was in a better position. Several countries over there embrace capitalism more than the US.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill- the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill- you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
acft

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 09:01:15 PM »

Free Country Project :

Nauru? *Cough* http://www.ancapfreethinker.info/?p=194 *Cough*
r3VOLutionRefugee

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 10:39:54 PM »

I'm grouping the west politically and economically.  Chile isn't really connected to the house of cars.  And politically:

Bad thing about Switzerland is it's in the heart of the EU and things will go to shit there soon as well. Personally, I always thought Southeast Asia was in a better position. Several countries over there embrace capitalism more than the US.

r3VOLutionRefugee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 10:50:57 PM »

You say you'll be able to "pull it off" but are you actually going to go through with it? There are plenty of people who could probably pull it off but never do so, for one reason or another.

Now, I'm not about to judge a person who doesn't go through with it, because it's a big deal. I only ask that if for whatever reason you do NOT exit the country that you at least move to New Hampshire. Don't make it an all or nothing situation, which I believe is what most people do.

I'm very happy in New Hampshire right now and with the soon to be influx of 20,000 libertarians I think it's going to get a lot nicer, so long as FedGov doesn't totally F everything up. That, of course, is a very real possibility, which is why I think it's a good idea to have a backup country plan.

I'm not opposed to the southern hemisphere. I've been to Tanzania before, and found it quite pleasurable as a tourist. With a small amount of money a person could probably get by there quite well. I'm sure the same goes for South America, too.

Part of the reason I look at Switzerland is because it affords me the opportunity to speak German, which is my second language. It's a bias, I know, which may be clouding my judgment. But Spanish is my third language, although it's almost completely forgotten. But I'm confident I could relearn and pick it up again in no-time if need be.

I've never been to South America, but if I knew there were a contingency of An-Caps down there waiting for me I'm sure it would be a lot easier to move.

Another reason why I like Switzerland over South America, is that as a disobedient anarchist I think it's safe to say that spending time in a Swiss prison is probably much more humane than in a South American prison.

Oh, It's definitely happening this year.  I'm starting a web development career and I'm only considering jobs that allow me to work remotely.  I'm doing projects for people that should start generating revenue in the next few months.  Once that is in place, I'm taking off.  I'll probably go to Mexico and hang out for a short period of time with the TDV guys to get advice and start the 2nd passport process.  Then, I'm probably going to visit Chile and Paraguay to try and get a feel for which one I would prefer. 

You have a point with the prison thing, but at the same time I think your chances of going to prison in one of the countries I mentioned is infinitesimal  compared to any EU nation, including Switzerland.

Once I get the ball rolling, I've been thinking about starting a Youtube channel and website to chronicle my experience before and after I take off.  I'll let you know if and when I get it up.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:53:56 PM by r3VOLutionRefugee » Logged
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 02:51:57 PM »

Once I get the ball rolling, I've been thinking about starting a Youtube channel and website to chronicle my experience before and after I take off.  I'll let you know if and when I get it up

I'd watch that.

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
MAM

Life is Sacred

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 12:20:32 AM »

Seth I am interested in learning about your experiences moving and what not.

Where did you leave, where did you go? How much capital did you have? What mistakes did you make etc...?

"A stone is heavy and the sand is weighty but a fool's wrath is heavier than them both"-Tuek

"Knowledge is power, and it's light weight. The more you know the less you need."-Cody Lundin

"Hey... it's a haiku

Democracy is
Two Zombies and a Sheriff
Deciding on Lunch."-Davi Barker
victim77

Registered Anarchist

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 12:26:20 AM »

Only problem is that if you spit on the street the pigs will beat you over there. If you want to put up with draconian social policies then more power to ya.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: