Daily Anarchist Forum
October 26, 2021, 03:00:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: https for DA  (Read 7076 times)
acft

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 09:12:49 PM »

I donno if this is related but for a while now peerblock blocks this site.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 09:29:59 PM »

I donno if this is related but for a while now peerblock blocks this site.

What's peerblock?

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
braindead0
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »

Only partially encrypted, there are a lot of insecure references on the page (images, javascript) and the like.  I suspect you may have tweaked the page layout and included a protocol and domain reference when it was not necessary.

And just an FYI.. SSL is broken, horribly horribly broken.  What you want is TLS.  This site supports it just fine, I usually disable SSL in browsers unless I find a site that doesn't support TLS which shouldn't be an issue these days.

The entire clearnet is broken. Also, I'm not worried about everything being encrypted. I just want it so that when someone sends their passwords to log in that it won't get intercepted, at least by a non-state affiliated criminal.

Your hosting provider could man in the middle easily.... hope you trust them.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 04:18:01 PM »

Only partially encrypted, there are a lot of insecure references on the page (images, javascript) and the like.  I suspect you may have tweaked the page layout and included a protocol and domain reference when it was not necessary.

And just an FYI.. SSL is broken, horribly horribly broken.  What you want is TLS.  This site supports it just fine, I usually disable SSL in browsers unless I find a site that doesn't support TLS which shouldn't be an issue these days.

The entire clearnet is broken. Also, I'm not worried about everything being encrypted. I just want it so that when someone sends their passwords to log in that it won't get intercepted, at least by a non-state affiliated criminal.

Your hosting provider could man in the middle easily.... hope you trust them.

I don't trust them. Like I said, this isn't about protecting against the state. It's merely about making sure that when people log in to the site they're passwords aren't being sniffed by some 20 year old punk.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
JustSayNoToStatism
Daily Anarchist Crew

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 06:54:52 PM »

https was the first thing I noticed when I got here. Thanks.

"I like to eat. Instead of a monarch I propose we have a Chef be final arbiter in matters. We'll call it anarcho-chefism."
-MAM
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: