Daily Anarchist Forum
June 29, 2022, 07:43:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Annoying thing that happened to me.  (Read 3116 times)
cajunanarchist

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2013, 01:45:42 PM »

About a week or 2 ago my power supply for my computer shat itself. It would not work at all, would not power up my computer. This sent me in an angry frenzy that I slammed my fists on my table. My hands still hurt from that. So I go looking all over radio shack, Best Buy, anywhere they sell electronics around my area.They did not have any replacement power adapters that would run my computer due to low wattage. So I had to use my dads laptop to order a universal adapter that had my correct voltage which came in today. So now I'm happily running my debian computer and not stuck with my dads win7 laptop that falls apart. Moral of the story, always have backups of your shit.
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 02:16:50 PM »

And remember, it's not a backup unless there's redundancy.

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
oooorgle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 08:54:07 PM »

Did you seriously lose data from a power-supply failure? If so, print yourself a small certification in data-integrity and frame it on the wall. You payed for it and it means more to me than someone with a Microsoft certification.

Back-ups are the MOST important thing and knowing what to backup is second. Nothing will teach you better than losing it all, except perhaps losing someone elses....
cajunanarchist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 01:30:02 AM »

I did not lose data, I just lost power. When I say back up your shit I mean not just software but have spare computer cables too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: