Daily Anarchist Forum
June 29, 2022, 06:59:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Daily Anarchist Forum!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dating As An Anarchist  (Read 3799 times)
AgoristGnome

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »

I have a question about dating I was hoping some here might be able to help me with. 

I work full-time and go to school full-time so I don't have a lot of time to go out and meet new people.  Interested in dating, I decided to start a profile on a dating website.  Occasionally I find someone on there that seems like a good match, but when I read about various political beliefs I find I am really turned off by their statist beliefs.  I know it's probably not reasonable to expect to find many anarchist running around looking for the kinds of things I am, but I have not been able to bring myself to message these individuals.  If they were libertarian or simply apathetic I think I could be okay with that, but they never seem to be either of those. 

I feel like anarchist philosophies apply to life as a whole and worry that this difference in view point would be a hindrance to a long term relationship.  I don't have a lot of experience with dating, so I'm probably over blowing this. 

What are your experiences with dating as an anarchist? Is it foolish of me to let this bother me so much?
Seth King
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 04:41:25 PM »

I wouldn't let a person's political beliefs get in the way of dating them. Most people have beliefs, but they aren't concrete. They're just accepted as true, but have never delved into them or had a reason to. If you're open about your views they might come around.

If I were still single I would check out OK Cupid. They allow Bitcoin payments and will even set you up with blind dates.

To me, that's the hardest part about dating is finding people to date. Most blind dates probably won't work out into anything, but if you go into it with an attitude to just have fun, then there's nothing to get disappointed over.

Check it out:

http://www.crazyblinddate.com/

When are you moving to New Hampshire?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: